cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card to Offer 5% Cash back on everyday purchases!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card to Offer 5% Cash back on everyday purchases!

Correct me if i'm wrong, is it 5% for a max of $149 per month? 

Message 141 of 156
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  Seems to be uncapped.   If the purchase price is $149 or more, you have the option of choosing promotional financing rates, but you can also choose 5%

Message 142 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  Seems to be uncapped.   If the purchase price is $149 or more, you have the option of choosing promotional financing rates, but you can also choose 5%

@oh ok that clears things up! Thanks @longtimelurker 

Message 143 of 156
jre
Regular Contributor

With Prime if you choose slower shipping they give you a $1 credit that can be used towards digital media. It looks like its on every shipment that goes out qualifies for the $1 credit.  Pretty neat.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 144 of 156
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I'm such a free-money-promotional-**bleep** I already spent the $40 credit. lol   Guess I signed up thinking it was simply an auto-upgrade to the existing card. Got the new card in mail last week. They spent a billionith a penny stamping out the new and improved flimsy "plastic" card.

Amazon is very presumptous by defaulting, my payment options, to their new store card. Oh well, now I have backup if my SM gets to $750/month. #almostnever

Message 145 of 156
slicemans
Regular Contributor

So you have to be a prime member to reciver the 5%?

Message 146 of 156
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@slicemans wrote:

So you have to be a prime member to reciver the 5%?

Yes,

Signature needs updating
Message 147 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied (and was approved) for the Sallie Mae card last week, so of course this would happen now. I'm not even mad though, SM will be versatile in other ways for me. I don't get all the hate towards the cost of AmazonPrime though. If you frequently purchase from there, you can save a ton! I swear they will install a helipad for their drones (if that ever actually takes off.. pun intended hehe) on our front lawn. We don't have cable television so I can't even bat an eye at the price of Prime because of the instant video feature. My husband has the Chase Amazon card so hopefully they come back with a counter offer, he makes even more AP purchases than I do. Yesterday alone I ordered 4 items. I'm a habitual price checker though. When I'm at the store I will scan barcodes of what I'm buying to see if they are cheaper and order them instantly if they are. The amount I save alone makes it worth it.
Message 148 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Credit Card

Scorpio_Queen02, have you considered an Amazon Fire Stick? I think they are $40 and stream Amazon Instant Video. We have a Panasonic bluray player that has the app. I'm not sure Apple will get on board with Amazon anytime soon, they just opted for an HBO streaming service ($14.99/month I believe) so I guess time will tell. We are on a free year promo for Netflix and have Prime Instant Video (we don't have cable television) so a good streaming device is a must.

Message 149 of 156
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

Re: Amazon Prime Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Scorpio_Queen02, have you considered an Amazon Fire Stick? I think they are $40 and stream Amazon Instant Video. We have a Panasonic bluray player that has the app. I'm not sure Apple will get on board with Amazon anytime soon, they just opted for an HBO streaming service ($14.99/month I believe) so I guess time will tell. We are on a free year promo for Netflix and have Prime Instant Video (we don't have cable television) so a good streaming device is a must.

I have considered it. For me, the only thing missing is Amazon Prime TV and it's not worth $40 to me. Everything on the fire stick is on Apple TV. When it first came out there was a promotion for it for around $12 and I missed it! I certainly would have gotten it then. If they run another promotion I will pick it up. We also pay for cable... I do like my HGTV!

Message 150 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.