Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card ?

hi all

I recently was approved an amazon store card and a payment was not due on the account yet but i wanted to pay off my balance. When i made the payment i received a message saying that i made a payment before the due date, if i were charged a late fee it would be automatically removed. Is it ok to make payments before the due date with amazon? Also is it ok to make multiple payments in a month?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Store Card ?

You can make a payment before the due date, I do it all the time.  As for making multiple payments...I hear that is a specific number of payments that Sync allows before they start holding them (mean credited to the account but now release back to available funds).  I'm not sure off the top of my head but I believe I read on here that 4 may be that number...but maybe someone else will chime in to confirm or correct.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I haven't received my first statement yet and I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. Amazon and Walmart are my first real approvals so I want to make sure I don't mess up. 

Message 3 of 16
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

You are doing nothing "wrong".

I have said before Amazon Store can be a very very valuable card.  Use it prudently.  Pay in full.  Ask for CLIs intermittently.

Synch, especially with the Amazon, is a little laggy on payments etc for me.  YMMV.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 16
Pway
Valued Contributor

You is doing nothing wrong.  I receive that message as well when I make a payment to my Amazon card.  I have not received a late payment.  I was shocked as well when I read that message, but the next day I logged in and I saw no issues.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

FWIW, I think I've read that occasionally when folks make a payment on the actual due date, a late fee might be displayed for a day or so, but then is automatically removed. 

It seems to be a glitch and instead of correcting it, they designed a 'work-around'.  Apparently enough folks were calling to complain that they figured it would save them time (thus money) to simply put a disclaimer on the website. 

OP, congrats on the Amazon card!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

They only hold the payment from affecting your availble credit, if this is a problem, call up credit solutions and ask for a CLI its syncrony they luv giving you high limits. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 16
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I have had my card awhile....never any problems!

Message 8 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I make payments for every card weekly.  I never want to worry.  Yes, amazon is fine with early payments.  You will still have a min payment if balance at statement cut.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this card help your credit scor if you make at least immediate pay?

Also, if I set up auto pay for minimum to prevent me forgetting to pay in full on time, will this harm my credit if i do not pay full amount above minimum that month?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.