Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store card questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store card questions

Hello everyone! I have a couple of questions about the Amazon store card that is issued by synchrony bank. I want to apply for this one because I like the 6/12/24 month financing option available. I already have the chase Amazon prime visa but I think we can all agree that it will not grow as fast as the store card. I have read online of people having problems with this card. They are saying they have had thier store card payments rejected by thier bank sometimes, and others are saying they have had thier credit limits decreased with no notice. While I want to believe this is all due to user error, ie typing in bank account wrong for the rejected payments, or not knowing that credit card companies soft pull you from time to time to check on you, I just wanted to ask here to be sure. I assume they had other issues, like a sudden collection or a late etc which is why they had the decrease. Honestly I'm more worried about the rejected payments by banks. Has anyone here had any of these issues with this card? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store card questions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone! I have a couple of questions about the Amazon store card that is issued by synchrony bank. I want to apply for this one because I like the 6/12/24 month financing option available. I already have the chase Amazon prime visa but I think we can all agree that it will not grow as fast as the store card. I have read online of people having problems with this card. They are saying they have had thier store card payments rejected by thier bank sometimes, and others are saying they have had thier credit limits decreased with no notice. While I want to believe this is all due to user error, ie typing in bank account wrong for the rejected payments, or not knowing that credit card companies soft pull you from time to time to check on you, I just wanted to ask here to be sure. I assume they had other issues, like a sudden collection or a late etc which is why they had the decrease. Honestly I'm more worried about the rejected payments by banks. Has anyone here had any of these issues with this card? Thanks in advance!

I've had the Amazon Store Card since last Thanksgiving, upgrading to Amazon Prime in late March, and haven't had either of the problems you mention so far. That being said, I was started at a $800 credit line and haven't been able to get a CLI on it yet; however, I'm pretty sure that a big part of the reason is that my Transunion credit score - which Synchrony SP's for evaluating CLI requests - was still too low at the time I made the requests.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this one quite a while, and never had any problems with it.

I've got the Prime version, simply because I was already a Prime member when I applied, so it became a Prime card automatically.

Mine has grown well, I don't regularly ask for CLI in general, and the last one on this card was probably a year ago or more, but I haven't asked since then so who knows.

I have never had a problem with payments, I have it set to automatically take the minimum due on the due date, in case I forget to log in and pay it all before then, but no payment has ever been returned or late, and I've probably made a hundred or more.  The promotional financing is a nice perk, but I haven't yet used it.  I do put a lot of traffic onto the card, with the 5% discount and my Amazon addiction it sees a lot of usage - which might be one factor in why mine has always grown upon request in the past...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the replies. After reading them I've decided to go ahead and get it as I shop on Amazon a lot and I was already a prime member. I will be choosing the 5% for most of my purchases. Having the financing option just in case I need to make a huge purchase is a major plus. Thanks again for the help!
Message 4 of 5
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had any problems with mine. My limit started at $2400 and I got a SP increase to $5,000. Doubt I'll need more than that, though it's a card I'll be using less and giving the Chase Amazon Prime more attention.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.