Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Synchrony bank cut my limit!

Well it's higher than 7% now since I lost 11k in credit 😞
Message 11 of 22
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

These are the reasons I've stayed away from Schizophrenic banks like Synchrony and Barclays. I don't need this type of diabolical annoyance in my life Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They want customer who will carry a balance so that they can make a profit off of the interest charges, not customers who pay in full. Banks love customers who are carrying balances.
Message 13 of 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

@Matt4200 you are correct. Also With Synchrony (R.I.P) they  cut your line (new bs from them for 2017) or they give you a big cli fallowed by blue envelope from lexus nexus and then bye cards.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason they give big limits is simply to lure customers into a trap where they're in a cycle of debt, many fall for it and end up paying hundreds, if not thousands in interest, fees, and so on.

If they see that you're someone who pays in full they'll keep you as a customer but know that there's a glass ceiling.
Message 15 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

OnAJourney, 7 inquiries in 2 years? Lol, thats a ridiculous excuse, not for you mind you, but most of us who have Sync or any credit card on this site have that and more. Especially with Sync seeing as many are rebuilders looking for credit, you could rack up 7 inqs quite fast applying for Sync backed cards real fast.. Unfortunately, if Sync wants to play that game, best thing is to get your profile right having multiple different lenders so one doesnt have to depend on Sync. I plan on doing this as soon as i reach a couple of goals with my other lendersSmiley Happy
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you know what? After reading this thread, especially the last few posts, I'm starting to feel better about not getting that CLI on my Amazon card after all. Seems like it's actually better to just mosey along with the current modest line ($800), keep utilization under control and a reasonably small balance on it that they can earn their interest money from, and not make waves for at least the next few months until my scores have improved and I'm in a position to try again for a *modest* CLI. No more $10K or $6K requests for me, at least not on this card!

Message 17 of 22
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
OnAJourney, 7 inquiries in 2 years? Lol, thats a ridiculous excuse, not for you mind you, but most of us who have Sync or any credit card on this site have that and more. Especially with Sync seeing as many are rebuilders looking for credit, you could rack up 7 inqs quite fast applying for Sync backed cards real fast.. Unfortunately, if Sync wants to play that game, best thing is to get your profile right having multiple different lenders so one doesnt have to depend on Sync. I plan on doing this as soon as i reach a couple of goals with my other lendersSmiley Happy

@Synchrony Bank aka the Kings of Ridiculous Excuses (lol). Hey @ least they're consistent in their inconsistencies, no?

Message 18 of 22
realnapster
Established Member

The same thing happened to me just a week ago. I was having a 12k limit on my banana republic credit card. It was slashed down to a mere 1024. This number didnt even make any sense. Yesterday I went into a gap store and put up a purchase for $15 and just now I accessed my account to pay it off. To my surprise the limit is now back at 10k. This all happened in a week time. I last used this card about 18 months ago and it has a zero balance since then. Probably they want to see the card being used often at least once an year. I may have to put something on my lowes card as well which has a 25k limit before being slashed.🙆‍♂️

Starting Score: EQ: 545
Current Score: EQ: 713, EX: 732,TU: 747
Goal Score: 800+ across the board

Total Credit Limit: 210k+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 22
805orbust
Valued Contributor

That sounds like a computer algorithm type thing. Just roll with it. This is a funny game we play here.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.