Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Synchrony bank cut my limit!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Synchrony bank cut my limit!

Yup, at least they didnt close your card. Wow, 18 months no usage. But with Sync i believe it. I hadnt used my Sunglass Hut card since Feb 2016 and no probs , though i did just cut the dead weight from my collectionSmiley Wink
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Synchrony bank cut my limit!

@Anonymous wrote:
The reason they give big limits is simply to lure customers into a trap where they're in a cycle of debt, many fall for it and end up paying hundreds, if not thousands in interest, fees, and so on.

If they see that you're someone who pays in full they'll keep you as a customer but know that there's a glass ceiling.

Wow - these 3 pages have now totally freaked me out!! (someone mentioned paranoia! I'm with you after reading some of these tales!)

@Anonymous reason for being here? -- I searched on MyFICO for "Synchrony and Amazon" to see what a typical starting limit was? - because I literally just hung up the phone w/ a Synchrony CSR asking them if I applied for "XYZ" high end type card (since I already have 2 existing accounts - one with Care Credit @ $11,700 and the other with Marvel M/C $12,500 WHICH I LOVE!) That card gets comments all the time as I ordered the 'cassette' card Smiley Happy and ppl freak in a good waySmiley Happy Great convo starter - but I digress --

Anyway, I really like Synch b/c their specials and offers and programs really aren't all that bad - I had to have $6500 in root canals and 4 crowns done after a rollover auto accident in 2016 and of course the insurance only covered like $900 of it - So I asked Care Credit for $3500 and instead they gave me $6700 straight out of the gate! Gotta love that LUV! Smiley Happy - then went back in for more work a year later (20 months, 0%APR was the original offer - so just paid that off on time/over time (did not PIF b/c it's 'free money' as long as the debts cleared by the 20th month) but anyway - was on the phone asking about their "Luxury Card" (I'd stumbled onto the STORE'S website page - vs the consumer side... oops!) and kept asking what the starting limits were?? and the CSR was kinda freaking b/c he's like you're not supposed to see that stuff LOL Smiley Happy "that's for the sellers - not retail buyers!" - Anyway, he spilled the beans that that was my best shot at a highest starting line (going with a 'luxury branded card') however that locks you into whatever it is that card is used for (i.e. Jewelry store, for rings etc.) whereas I'm looking for a card with Synch that I can use at more places -

So that's when I learned that they do back "Amazon Prime" (yeah!) - as I'm already an Amazon Prime Member but never thought to get their CC before - However, I also see that Chase offers one too?? - So now I'm not sure how to apply for the Synch one?? But feel pretty confident they'll give me $10K+ (min) to start since the others I have are that way... Plus I heard him typing and clicking as he reviewd my accounts and said I was a 'premier status client' (his words, not mine) so I have no idea what that means?? - but doesn't sound like someone whose at risk of being slashed (I hope! - But now I'm seeing all these high credit lines that ARE being slashed on here?? Yikes! Have we deduced that this is from throwing your card into the sock drawer and forgetting about it - or from PIF every cycle? so they cut your credit lines? or is there something else in play here?

My primary reason for asking is b/c I'm right at $100K total credit (after 18 months, not bad) - and just got my UTIL down to 3% in May - and am looking for a 20pt FICO boost tomorrow (as I went from 14% to 3% UTIL in APR/MAY) and so when the June 1st 2018 FICOs refresh I'm hoping that the stars have finally aligned here - I have 1 HP on EX/TU and 2 showing on EXP - so when I read above that some with "7 HP's was too many" and his $20K+ line got slashed to like $900 dollars - Ouch! - Point is obvious - If I have $30K in credit available but all those are just with Synchrony type accounts, obviously if they slash MY credit lines, my UTIL would skyrocket overnight and tank my quest for "800" by 2019 - So am just trying to LEARN (as always on here!) from the MyFICO gang, as you all are the best (how do you think I went from "0" credit score to 770 in under 2 years! MyFICO! Smiley Happy) So it can be done - Though I do often wonder why my 17 HP's don't show up??? That's the only mystery I cannot solve - Oh well - 2 more drop off in-JUNE and will have only 1 HP on my entire credit file then... (unless I do try for this Amazon or XYZ "luxury card") - but can afford one HP hit on my TU - But if you all are saying there's a good chance my CL will get slashed (as who uses Care Credit every month huh?) - I just wanna keep my UTIL% as low as possible -

Thanks all for everything... Always get great advice and feedback on here.

Cheers,

BB Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.