Amazon Visa Holders

Are the points UR points?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa Holders

My roommate has the card, and no it isn't

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, it's a separate program altogether. I actually dusted my Chase Amazon off recently after 1yr of non use. That website is addictive Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Yup, it's a separate program altogether. I actually dusted my Chase Amazon off recently after 1yr of non use. That website is addictive Smiley Happy

But before people apply for a new Chase Amazon, consider the Sallie Mae, which offers better rewards unless you spend about $15K a year at Amazon.  And even then get SM for the first bit of spending.

[Paid for by the Sallie Mae is better than Chase Amazon and Amex BCE Committe]

Message 4 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Haha. Yeah I got it back before I discovered this website (and Sallie Mae card!), but I hang onto it for some reason.
Message 5 of 9
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@B335is wrote:

But before people apply for a new Chase Amazon, consider the Sallie Mae, which offers better rewards unless you spend about $15K a year at Amazon.  And even then get SM for the first bit of spending.

[Paid for by the Sallie Mae is better than Chase Amazon and Amex BCE Committe]

I cant seem to find the Sallie Mae card that gives 5% on amazon. maybe if someone could post a link??

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

https://www.salliemae.com/credit-cards/sallie-mae-card/

The text makes it look as if it just for students with Sallie Mae loans, but it isn't.  You get cash back as a statement credit if you want.

Message 7 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I wish with all my might that I had signed up for the sallie mae car back then! lol Oh well!

It's 3% back I think or 3x points -- and it works out to be 3% and I just use my points as cash on Amazon 1 cent per point.

Message 8 of 9
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Also another advantage of Sallie Mae is that the reward dollars go straight into credit for your next statement, so you don't miss out on rewards because you used points on stuff you could have bought.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.