Are the points UR points?

Established Contributor
longtime_lurker

Re: Amazon Visa Holders

My roommate has the card, and no it isn't

Senior Contributor
B335is

Yup, it's a separate program altogether. I actually dusted my Chase Amazon off recently after 1yr of non use. That website is addictive :smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

B335is wrote:
Yup, it's a separate program altogether. I actually dusted my Chase Amazon off recently after 1yr of non use. That website is addictive :smileyhappy:

But before people apply for a new Chase Amazon, consider the Sallie Mae, which offers better rewards unless you spend about $15K a year at Amazon.  And even then get SM for the first bit of spending.

[Paid for by the Sallie Mae is better than Chase Amazon and Amex BCE Committe]

Senior Contributor
B335is

Haha. Yeah I got it back before I discovered this website (and Sallie Mae card!), but I hang onto it for some reason.
Contributor
twist7d7

longtimelurker wrote:

B335is wrote:

But before people apply for a new Chase Amazon, consider the Sallie Mae, which offers better rewards unless you spend about $15K a year at Amazon.  And even then get SM for the first bit of spending.

[Paid for by the Sallie Mae is better than Chase Amazon and Amex BCE Committe]

I cant seem to find the Sallie Mae card that gives 5% on amazon. maybe if someone could post a link??

AMEX PRG (NPSL) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3k) Citi DC (2.6K) M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1050)
Always PIF Age: 21 Scores ~710 across the board
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

https://www.salliemae.com/credit-cards/sallie-mae-card/

The text makes it look as if it just for students with Sallie Mae loans, but it isn't.  You get cash back as a statement credit if you want.

Kenny

[ Edited ]

I wish with all my might that I had signed up for the sallie mae car back then! lol Oh well!

It's 3% back I think or 3x points -- and it works out to be 3% and I just use my points as cash on Amazon 1 cent per point.

Starting Score: EQ04: 748 (1/31/14) - TU08: 755 (1/06/14)
Current Score:EX08:778(12/04) - EQ04:770(10/31) - EQ08:791(12/05) - TU08:798(12/05)
Goal Score: 800+
Frequent Contributor
heyitsyeh

Also another advantage of Sallie Mae is that the reward dollars go straight into credit for your next statement, so you don't miss out on rewards because you used points on stuff you could have bought.

PR Gold Amex - NPSL
Sallie Mae World MasterCard - $3.5k
Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $10.2k
Discover It - $13k
Barclaycard Arrival World Elite MasterCard - $14k
Fidelity Amex - $15k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}