Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa or Kroger(Fry's) Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Visa or Kroger(Fry's) Visa

Which of these do you think I have a better chance at getting?  Or is there another card that would be better?

The Amazon Visa is from Chase. Don't know who does the Kroger.  

My scores are 685-686.   BK 05.   Perfect since with 4 new CC, 2 autos, 1 mortgage, Util 35%.   I had Chase in my BK but an old WaMu card I had converted to Chase this year.   Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa or Kroger(Fry's) Visa

I applied for both on the same day in May. Chase/Amazon gave me $400 CL, while Kroger/RBS gave me $6,000 CL. Chase pulled EX while Kroger pulled EQ.

YMMV

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 2 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Kroger, backed by Royal Bank of Scotland, gave me 5k and a 12 mo. 0 int. BT offer.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding the Kroger Visa, how long did it take for both of you to get confirmed approval?   Did you get it withing 60 seconds online or did you have to wait 7 - 30 days to hear?
Message 4 of 9
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I applied online on a Saturday night. I had to call in on Monday to follow-up.

The lady at Chase said "I can approve right now for $400." I was a little off guard and said OK, without thinking about asking for a higher CL. I asked about it on here and was advised I should be happy with the card at all. So I am going to nurse it along for awhile. They keep offering 10% Discounts on Blu-ray players at Amazon on the Chase CC website. Right! $399 minus 10% is still a huge Util on the card.

With Kroger/RBS I had to call to confirm my identity. EQ was showing my P. O. Box as a current address and my residence as a previous address. They kept me on hold for awhile and transferred me to another analyst who asked me additional questions. But then they approved me and sent out the card that day. I think it is interesting that EQ and TU show the card as Kroger, but EX shows it as Royal Bank of Scotland. A nod to their European neighbor perhaps?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 5 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Regarding the Kroger Visa, how long did it take for both of you to get confirmed approval?   Did you get it withing 60 seconds online or did you have to wait 7 - 30 days to hear?

Kroger approved online . . . <60 seconds

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Kroger Mastercard and it said they are reviewing my app and upon approval they will send my new card within 7-10 days.   Does that sound like an approval or a denial?
Message 7 of 9
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

It could be either.  I would wait until later today (when they are open), and call.  They may just need to verify some informaiton.  Or it could be a straight denial.  In any event, I wouldn't want to wait 7 - 10 days to find out.

Good luck

Message 8 of 9
rom828
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which of these do you think I have a better chance at getting?  Or is there another card that would be better?

The Amazon Visa is from Chase. Don't know who does the Kroger.  

My scores are 685-686.   BK 05.   Perfect since with 4 new CC, 2 autos, 1 mortgage, Util 35%.   I had Chase in my BK but an old WaMu card I had converted to Chase this year.   Thanks!

I just got the Kroger Master Card with $5K limit.  Scores are shown in siggy.  I do have  PR (paid state tax lien) and 6 yr old CO as baddies; everything else perfect history.

Took a full week for me to find out I was approved.  I called a couple of days after applying and  was told it was in processing and that I'd get a letter w/i 7-10 days, which I didn't take as a good sign.  I called  back after 7 days had passed & was told I was approved for $5K and the card was on the way!

There are quite a few good threads on the Kroger 123 card.  Do  a search  with  'Kroger Mastercard $6K in title' for some good info.

I think I read a few posts advising that RSB (Kroger bank) wasn't BK friendly, but YMMV.

I don't know how Chase is on BK, but I will tell you  that recently Chase gave me a card (after recon) but  BoA and Citi both denied and would not recon because of my CO.Smiley Sad

Good Luck!!Smiley Happy

Message Edited by rom828 on 06-30-2009 11:38 AM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.