Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Visa

I was referencing the 0% APR card from Sync. Limit is 25k.  Sorry if that wasn't more clear, I'm doing 11 things at once. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
MclarenF1
Established Member

Do you have any other chase cards? If you are looking to take advantage of 5% on amazon you can always reallocate credit limits.  I say this because I recently got a chase amazon prime card but they only gave me a $500 limit.  I called them and had them move $5,000 from my chase freedom to the amazon. Not applicable if you are looking to increase total limits, but maybe it is easier to increase limits via another chase card and then reallocate.  Good Luck!

Message 12 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

5% savings is still 5% savings.

Not to derail but Amazon does not always have the best prices on items, so it still pays to comparison shop. You could end up saving more than the 5%. Prime, to me, is basically about convenience and speed of shipping vs necessarily always the best pricing. So, while you may get 5% in rewards, you may also save 5%+ by getting the item elsewhere, so it just depends.

Message 13 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually find a large Amazon limit very useful, but only with 0% APR which the Chase card doesn't have.  The variety of products they sell is huge.  A buddy of mine just charged ~16k to his card after getting a new place, paid for furniture, kitchen, tv's, stereo, computer gear, and even a new exhaust system for his BMW and gets 18 months to pay it off.  Sync may be a PITA sometimes, but that's hard to beat.

I've never seen an Amazon Visa with that high of a limit. Do you know what his limit is?

When I got the card in 2004, my limit was $25K  (and still would be except I moved part of it to the CSP, no auto-CLIs in 13 years)

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

5% savings is still 5% savings.

Not to derail but Amazon does not always have the best prices on items, so it still pays to comparison shop. You could end up saving more than the 5%. Prime, to me, is basically about convenience and speed of shipping vs necessarily always the best pricing. So, while you may get 5% in rewards, you may also save 5%+ by getting the item elsewhere, so it just depends.

Agreed. My Amazon orders have dropped significantly over the years as I've learned Amazon isn't automatically the cheapest place to shop. 

Message 15 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They might not have the best pirces all the time, but they have 99% of the items without having to shop around for them and the 2 day shipping (amazon prime for "free") is amazing as well.  Even if something might be a few dollars more on occassion, convience wins for me.  One shop shopping portal.  Just placed an order for a bundle of paper towels, razer blades tonight a few days before a small order and a few days prior another small order.  I use the crud out of amazon just due to me not wanting to spend my time off work at stores or shopping so use prime now alot as well.  Sure I could stop by and grab paper towels at the grocery store, but why not have them delivered Smiley Happy .  Willing to look over the CEO faults of amazon for convience and that is saying alot.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

They might not have the best pirces all the time, but they have 99% of the items without having to shop around for them and the 2 day shipping (amazon prime for "free") is amazing as well.  Even if something might be a few dollars more on occassion, convience wins for me.  One shop shopping portal.  Just placed an order for a bundle of paper towels, razer blades tonight a few days before a small order and a few days prior another small order.  I use the crud out of amazon just due to me not wanting to spend my time off work at stores or shopping so use prime now alot as well.  Sure I could stop by and grab paper towels at the grocery store, but why not have them delivered Smiley Happy .  Willing to look over the CEO faults of amazon for convience and that is saying alot.

I've tried doing that with pantry items and the likes but it just never seems to work out. Amazon wants me to buy multiple items or bundles of soap to get free shipping. It just feels like I'm spending more than I have to just to get it from Amazon and delivered for free.. not worth it when It takes 10 min to stop at the store and get exactly what I want at the quantity that I want!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever works.  They have an auto price matching algorithm in place for a lot of their items against a lot other stores, not sure which all stores that includes.  Large purchases I personally always shop around but favor Amazon for their next day delivery since they have a warehouse in the next town over from mine, plus their return policy is top notch.  They really are a customer first based business.  Works for me even if sometimes a product may or may not cost a few percent more. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I've tried doing that with pantry items and the likes but it just never seems to work out. Amazon wants me to buy multiple items or bundles of soap to get free shipping. It just feels like I'm spending more than I have to just to get it from Amazon and delivered for free.. not worth it when It takes 10 min to stop at the store and get exactly what I want at the quantity that I want!

Not talking amazon pantry, alot of area of amazon fresh and or amazon prime now (2 hour delivery).    You might only have amazon pantry option.

Message 19 of 21
eaglesilas
Valued Member

huuuuuu,just checked my Amazon Visa and they raised me from 1500 to 5000. I guess I will keep the card.

Amex blue cash everyday $10,200 , BofA Rewards VISA 10,000,Discover IT 20,000.Cabela's 5,000,Walmart MC 10,000,Lowes 14,000,BarclayCard Rewards 10,000,Amex Sky 5,000, Capital One QS Visa 4750,Capital one Venture 11,000,Ring 5,000,Citi Simplicity 5,000 ,Home Depot 7,000 ,JCP 10,000 ,HSBC 5,000 , Discover Miles 5,000 , Amazon Store 7,000 ,Chase Amazon Visa 5,000 , Best Buy Visa 10,000 ,QS 5,000 ,Venture 5,000 ,US Bank 7,000 ,Dell 1000,BofA Cash 5000,Tinker MC 2000,
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.