cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

Unbelievable that Amazon increase from $900 to $2100 and Lowes increase from $2500 to $3800 and they just closed my account today because I have return payment twice for inssufficant fund, man being a loyal consumer for almost 2yr with a perfect payment and closed my account just return check twice!! so who ever got GE Capital retain card make sure u have fund in your account .. if your check return 2 time they will automatic closed your account even thou you reposted the payment with fund in your account..

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

was it 2x in a row?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope .. 1st was in june and 2nd is for august payment... if i know they going to closed my account because of that i rather be late on payment ..

Message 3 of 44
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

nope .. 1st was in june and 2nd is for august payment... if i know they going to closed my account because of that i rather be late on payment ..

Seriously?  You bounced 2 checks in 3 months and you are wondering why they closed your account?

Message 4 of 44
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Umm... You are lucky that GE just closed accounts. Many CC charges returned check fee should it happens. Returned check is just as bad as missing a payment.

Message 5 of 44
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unbelievable that Amazon increase from $900 to $2100 and Lowes increase from $2500 to $3800 and they just closed my account today because I have return payment twice for inssufficant fund, man being a loyal consumer for almost 2yr with a perfect payment and closed my account just return check twice!! so who ever got GE Capital retain card make sure u have fund in your account .. if your check return 2 time they will automatic closed your account even thou you reposted the payment with fund in your account..

I hate to be nitpicky..but highlighted sentence does not make sense. You can't have a perfect payment history if you have returned payments twice.

From GE's side they see you as a risk. Twice now in last 3 months you bounced a check which to them signals that you have very low funds in your bank or are irresponsible and cannot maintain a checking account. They are trying to secure themselves and closed your account so you don't buy things and perhaps default. They treated you well and increased your limits when you were low risk, now that you appear high risk they took adverse action.

Banks tend to do that when things happen, just as a cable company will quickly disconnect your cable for a bounced check. Like other poster said, just be glad they did not charge your returned check fees or did they?

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 6 of 44
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

Banks tend to do that when things happen, just as a cable company will quickly disconnect your cable for a bounced check. Like other poster said, just be glad they did not charge your returned check fees or did they?

I once bounced a payment (not because of NSF, but because of mistyped account number) on my JCPenny card, GE did not charge a returned payment fee.

Message 7 of 44
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@MarcinXP wrote:

I once bounced a payment (not because of NSF, but because of mistyped account number) on my JCPenny card, GE did not charge a returned payment fee.

It's probably "code" driven in their system. Just like my company if there is a return check/e payment there is a code generated to show why it was returned it goes from 01-05. 01 is because of no funds and that is the only one that will trigger a charge. Rest of them are bank errors, wrong account/routing, system failure and they are non chargeable.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 8 of 44
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You almost make it sound like a trivial matter to bounce a check. Not once but twice in a short period. How would you like it if your paycheck bounced? You would be PO'd right?

In a business relationship, bouncing a check is among the worst things you can do. It will sour a relationship real quick.

Good idea.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 9 of 44
NewSurrender
Contributor

You're surprised at this?

That's like saying you've been an upstanding, law-abiding citizen for the past 30 years, but a few weeks ago you robbed a bank and now the cops arrested you.

Like everyone else said, a bounced check isn't really a minor detail that GE should ignore.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.