Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon card chances?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Amazon card chances?

My brother plays college football and wants to buy a GoPro camera, I suggested he finance it with an Amazon card and pay it off when he gets his Pell grant money. He has no credit history whatsoever tho, not even as an AU. I was able to get approved for a $2500 Citi card at his age with no credit, do you think he has a shot? And what should he put as his income?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon card chances?

@icyhot wrote:
My brother plays college football and wants to buy a GoPro camera, I suggested he finance it with an Amazon card and pay it off when he gets his Pell grant money. He has no credit history whatsoever tho, not even as an AU. I was able to get approved for a $2500 Citi card at his age with no credit, do you think he has a shot? And what should he put as his income?

Check reports for negatives as you'd be surprised what makes it on there. He needs to be honest about his income in the case he should default and gets sued.

Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

So he has no income, or yes?

He should not exaggerate or falsify income and sounds like he would have a tough time being approved. Before worrying about financing cameras, he should worry about establishing an income and credit history IMO.

Message 3 of 7
icyhot
Valued Contributor

He has his Pell grant income, but since he's under 21, can't he list anyones income who he would have access to using to pay back?
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
He has his Pell grant income, but since he's under 21, can't he list anyones income who he would have access to using to pay back?

If he mowed my lawn (or someone else's) for $50/wk he could list that as income.

Message 5 of 7
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Tried to pull his reports on CK and Credit sesame, we can't even pull his scores :-/

Message 6 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would probably hold off then
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.