Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon charge off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon charge off?

Hey guys got a question. So I have score watch with myfico and it updated me two weeks ago that my Amazon store card account has been updated. It now says account closed by credit grantor charge.

Does that mean it is a charge off? Because my fico score didn't get affected.
When I called they said they closed because I missed a payment due to insufficient funds. I told them it wasn't fair because the automated system said the payment went through and that they never called to notify me.
Anywho when I call the automated system it says my account is closed but I still have a payment due in 1 week. Is it a charge off? So should I just pay it off, I have the money to. Or make a deal with them to remove the charge off and I'll pay off the card?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon charge off?

No, that is not a charge off.  You can still pay your account normally until it is paid off.  Don't miss any payments or you may get lates on your report.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it is not a charge off yet; if you don't pay it then it will become one. Pay it ASAP. Right now the account is just closed at credit grantor's request. You'll probably have a 30 day late payment for the missed payment (depending on how long it took you to catch it and then pay it). Nonetheless, pay it off right now.

Message 3 of 4
jim44
Established Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

No, that is not a charge off.  You can still pay your account normally until it is paid off.  Don't miss any payments or you may get lates on your report.

+1.  A CO will lower your score... not worth it if you can pay the card off.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.