Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon.com

tag
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

Amazon.com

I'm trying the shopping trick and I put one item in my cart and proceed to check out and in the screen it asking me apply for amazon card and save $30.00 off my purchase. Does that mean I'm pre approve? I have a amazon profile but not credit card... Just wonder becaue I never notice that  whenever I purchase anything from the site.

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon.com

The Amazon card is backed by GE and does not have the shopping cart trick. Those are usually commodity (?) backed card.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 2 of 5
diebadcredit6504
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

EX - 522 (Oct 2013) 695 (May 2014)

TU FICO - 580 (Oct 2013) 680 (May 2014)

EQ - 509 - (Oct 2013) 672 (May 2014)
Message 3 of 5
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

I'm trying the shopping trick and I put one item in my cart and proceed to check out and in the screen it asking me apply for amazon card and save $30.00 off my purchase. Does that mean I'm pre approve? I have a amazon profile but not credit card... Just wonder becaue I never notice that  whenever I purchase anything from the site.

Short answer, no.  Smiley Mad

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@gcalvillo6504 wrote:

Nope. The shopping cart trick is popular amongst Commenity-issued cards.

Amazon offers Visa(s) through Chase, or the private-labeled card issued by GECRB.

The Chase offering is always a HP, and may be HPs on multiple bureau(s). The Chase cards don't usually offer extended financing offers, but 3% on Amazon purchases.

A couple of years ago, after already having both Personal Chase Amazon Visa, and Business Chase Amazon Visa accounts, I was solicited for the GECRB card. I believe it still involved a HP, but the GECRB card offers extended term financing (such as six months, a year, etc).

If you shop a lot at Amazon, they can be advantageous. I still use all three accounts.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.