cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon denial..... guess I should've known better (update 7-20-2015)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon denial..... guess I should've known better (update 7-20-2015)

Well.  I got suckered in by the 40.00 free credit offer from amazon card.  Scores all in the mid 600 range.  Thought for sure I'd get approved.   Figured it would be a small limit and could just ask for cli when I got the card.  I have 4 synch cards now with decent limits.  Guess I got fooled.  Lol

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon denial..... guess I should've known better

Well the Amazon Visa is issued by Chase, not SYNC, so they may be a little stricter
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@icyhot wrote:
Well the Amazon Visa is issued by Chase, not SYNC, so they may be a little stricter

I can't speak for the OP, but in my case the $40 gift card is for the Amazon store card/Synchrony, not the Amazon Chase Visa.  My current offer for the Amazon Visa is $80 (usually $70, but today it changed to $80).

I've seen post where folks were approved for the store card with scores in the mid 600s, so this is a bit surprising.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah a thought for sure I'd get it.  Kinda hurt my feelings.   Lol.  Only thing I can figure is prolly too many new accounts.  I've gotten about 10 in the past year.  I have been gardening since March and had been resisting the card offer every time it popped up.  But then they had to go and have this dang super sale today.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's how you know it's time to take a break.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think your most definitely right. Need someone to slap my hand next time I talk about applying for anything. At least till next January
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update................I got an email from Amazon today with the reasons for the denial.  It never mentioned anything about new accounts.  Main reason was that I had to many serious delinquencies and not enough bankcard experience.   It also listed my score as a 32 on a scale of 0-999.  How the heck does someone get that kind of score.  My ficos are all around 660.  I know this is an internal score of some kind.  But that makes it look like I never paid anybody, EVER. Crazy thing is I haven't had a late payment in almost 4 years.  Have 2 cards ( one store and one major cc that are about 5 years old, never late).  Several new accounts in the last year. all good.  2 mortgages that date back to 2000. never late.  I did have several cc chargeoffs in 2010-11. And a judgement that is satisfied from 2012.  It's just weird.  I know there may not be nothing I can do.  Just have no idea where that kind of score would come from.  

Message 7 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update................I got an email from Amazon today with the reasons for the denial.  It never mentioned anything about new accounts.  Main reason was that I had to many serious delinquencies and not enough bankcard experience.   It also listed my score as a 32 on a scale of 0-999.  How the heck does someone get that kind of score.  My ficos are all around 660.  I know this is an internal score of some kind.  But that makes it look like I never paid anybody, EVER. Crazy thing is I haven't had a late payment in almost 4 years.  Have 2 cards ( one store and one major cc that are about 5 years old, never late).  Several new accounts in the last year. all good.  2 mortgages that date back to 2000. never late.  I did have several cc chargeoffs in 2010-11. And a judgement that is satisfied from 2012.  It's just weird.  I know there may not be nothing I can do.  Just have no idea where that kind of score would come from.  

No clue, have any other Sync. bank cards?  That is an awful low internal Sync score for sure.  I have on clue what mine is with them as I don't believe they provided it with my CareCredit approval..  As with any model it takes everything into account being CO's/CA's/Util/Inquires/DTI/etc..  Weird it is that low if your Ficos are in the 660's though.. Be interested to hear what other peoples thoughts are.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got denied for the amazon store card yesterday too.  I was so bummed!  I got a walmart card yesterday and read that if you can get walmart, you can get amazon but that wasnt the case for me.  Havnt gotten any email with the reason for denial yet.  I was told 7-10 days.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No clue, have any other Sync. bank cards?  That is an awful low internal Sync score for sure.  I have on clue what mine is with them as I don't believe they provided it with my CareCredit approval..  As with any model it takes everything into account being CO's/CA's/Util/Inquires/DTI/etc..  Weird it is that low if your Ficos are in the 660's though.. Be interested to hear what other peoples thoughts are.

I have four.  Walmart and Sams Club MC  (these I've had for 5 years) , Lowes and Belk, (about 6 months)  Actually just got cli's on all of them except Sams MC about 2 weeks ago.  My Utilization looks a little high, about 30 %

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.