Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon sign-up offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon sign-up offer

Does the Amazon card count as a store card?
Message 11 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

Goal800 wrote:
Does the Amazon card count as a store card?

well, the amazon visa does not.

the amazon store card (GEMB) does.

any card like the amazon visa that has mc/visa/amex/discover co-branding doesn't get scored as a retail/store acct.

Message Edited by score_building on 07-19-2009 08:33 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 17
miay2k4
Contributor

Ulan-

Would u mind posting your scores and which reports amazon pulled from?  I have been waitng & waiting to apply for the Amazon visa/mastercard for the longest.  I want my CR's to be perfect for when I do. 

07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 13 of 17
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@miay2k4 wrote:

Ulan-

Would u mind posting your scores and which reports amazon pulled from?  I have been waitng & waiting to apply for the Amazon visa/mastercard for the longest.  I want my CR's to be perfect for when I do. 

I think maybe Chase issues/services the amazon visa. I applied for a Kohl's card a couple of weeks back which is also issued/serviced by Chase and they denied the application - they pulled Experian. I've applied for other credit in the last few months and this was the only denial I've recieved. Even though my scores are OK - high sixes - I do have some older derogs (medical) which Chase didn't like I guess...

I see your scores are in the mid 5s to low 6s, so my opinion is the odds are probably against you.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So even the TJX card since it is through Mastercard does not count as a store card. Do the store cards just work at the particular store or can they be used anywhere? I noticed TJX has a non-Mastercard but it seems like it is just for 5% off store purchases and does not really function like a credit card.
Message 15 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The non-Visa/ MC version only works at that particular store, or possibly others in the same chain (i.e., Old Navy/ Gap/ Banana Republic.)

The one with the Visa/ MC/ etc logo can be used anywhere. We call these "co-branded" cards: Amazon Visa, Sears MC, etc.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have amazon  since  2006 in march of this they starting a offering upgrades on older accounts

advice to those new to the card, you get 3x on more than just phyical merchandise. digital downloads  Amazon Prime memership fee, even amazon gift certs

It's once again my priamary since it's the only card tha consitanty me gives 2 way to earn bonus points

I could get a card that gets 3% on dinning which counts for most my double points.

but supplement my amazon sppending and double points spending  with everyting else quickest way to earn redemtions

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.