cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card Granted CLI but not really.

tag
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Amazon store card Granted CLI but not really.

My wife received her amazon store card about two weeks ago with a SL of $900. She initiated a chat session and asked for a CLI to $5,000. She provided all the requested info and agreed to a SP. A few minutes later the CSR comes back and says congrats you've been a approved for CLI and your new limit is $5,000.

Fast forward to this week, no increase updates on her account, so she conducts another chat to find out why? The CSR comes back and says sorry, the last CSR didn't submit your last request properly no dice on a CLI, but here's a $25 statement credit for your trouble. Of course by now my wife is angry and wants to cancel her amazon card and her other synchrony card, I say well its incompetence, no need to have a cardiac event over this, I do however see the point in not wanting to do business with a company after that. Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon store card Granted CLI but not really.

No, but why don't u tell her to request it again?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 12
creditguy
Valued Contributor

She did but this CSR said it was denied. 

Message 3 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Did she try calling credit solutions?

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 12
creditguy
Valued Contributor

She sent an email and is awaiting a response, next step is to call. I was just curious if anyone had ever been told they were approved for a CLI and in reality were not. If they had denied her in the beginning hey no big deal, life goes on, but to tell you your approved when your really denied is bizarre. 

Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sync is just one of those banks... but denied this month, might be approved next month... call 866-519-6441 and try that otherwise I would just use it a little, pay it next month and then chat again... I was declined CLI when I first got my card, then a couple months later got a small increase and then when chat started I was declined and then like just a month later was approved for very large increase... they are bonkers on how the CLI's work and 1 account has nothing to do with another account but I wouldn't close it... you can't beat the 5% prime plus rebate on the store card!!!

Message 6 of 12
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

I want to say that I saw a thread a few days ago where the same thing happened to someone in this forum with Lowes.  I don't even think they got the $25 statement credit.  I'm sorry about this.  I would be frustrated as well.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 7 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@creditguy wrote:

She sent an email and is awaiting a response, next step is to call. I was just curious if anyone had ever been told they were approved for a CLI and in reality were not. If they had denied her in the beginning hey no big deal, life goes on, but to tell you your approved when your really denied is bizarre. 

+1

I agree that this was quite bizarre, but I wouldn't sever my relationship over one inept CSR.  The account will give your wife 5% off Amazon purchases (assuming she's a Prime member) and she's already taken a HP for the account as well... there's no point in 'salting the Earth' due to one CSR experience.

If it were me, I would just give Credit Solutions a call.  Others on here have been treated very well there, even after being denied via chat.  If by some chance they say 'no' as well, just try again in a few months.  At some point it will pay off.

My own Lowe's account (also Synchrony) was CLD all the way to $470 years ago when I had trouble with other lenders, even though I was never late on Lowe's.  I was so angry I almost closed it (as in, I was already looking up the number) when I decided to just let it go. 

I'm glad I did... that same account now has a credit line of $7450.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this same experience last night with another Synchrony bank card -- Paypal Extras MC. I was granted an increase from $1500 to $4000, and I look and see an hour later nothing has been changed. I called back, and the previous rep didn't submit the increase. Luckily the next agent granted me the same increase. Was very upsetting.

Message 9 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

Of course by now my wife is angry and wants to cancel her amazon card and her other synchrony card, I say well its incompetence, no need to have a cardiac event over this, I do however see the point in not wanting to do business with a company after that. Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else? 

Things like this happen all the time.  I'm not saying that it's ok for them to make mistakes but if you drop every company that ever had a CSR that mad a mistake you wouldn't be doing business with anyone.  Still, her credit, her call.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.