Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card highway robbery

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Amazon store card highway robbery

I cancelled the security feature since the card was 2 months old,and so i did not really look at my statement. Fast forward, i just opened this month statement and to my suprise,a 40 fee was charged to my account. And then i checked all statements date back a year,as much as i can see online,all have security fee charged,wow,seriously, i did not have any record to prove i cancel the feature. Any suggestion what should i do guys?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon store card highway robbery

I know this isnt answering you question, but may i ask what the security feature is supposed to be? I am not familiar with it. $40 seems like a ton for any type of "feature".
Message 2 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know this isnt answering you question, but may i ask what the security feature is supposed to be? I am not familiar with it. $40 seems like a ton for any type of "feature".

Its like GAP for auto loan. They will cancel my outstanding debt under certain circumstance,like bankruptcy,unemployment... I was charged a staggering 600$ for 2014 and 2015,unbelivable.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you miss that charge every month?

Message 4 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Because i cancelled it 1 or 2 months after i opened the card. And i did not check statement at all, the amount i need to pay always appear under promotional purchases summary. Urg this is annoying

Message 5 of 7
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because i cancelled it 1 or 2 months after i opened the card. And i did not check statement at all, the amount i need to pay always appear under promotional purchases summary. Urg this is annoying

Unsettling dillema indeeed. Sorry to hear.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added this feature on because I thought I was about to sell all of my possessions and travel the world this year.  After five months I cancelled it because it was a huge waste of money.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.