Did you mean: 

Amazon store card question...

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon store card question...

@Anonymous wrote:

@My_Fako wrote:

Ya,  I asked a couple of months ago. They raised me to $3500. Asked again a month ago no go. Tu was at 653 then. Just checked it's at 657 now. Don't know if 657 is high enough for another increase? I did just spend a couple of thousand and just paid in full. So maybe that might help me?  Think I have a shot after my payment payment posts and I'll have. 0bl again. 

Anyone with. 657 Tu get them to raise higher than $3500?

I'm no expert but it seems like 675 is the sweet spot to get another CLI to $5K.

score isnt everything....have to take into income and your other credit. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

Apping next month. I'm OCD when it comes to paying PIF. 

That's not OCD.  Focus on your revolving utilization versus just obsessing over PIF.  If  you can't get it down to 0 this cycle you can do so on the next cycle.  Number of reporting balances plays a part but revolving utilization has a bigger impact.

@My_Fako wrote:

The only thing holding my scores down are 3 /4 year old ca's which I've been fighting.  But Verizon and Anfi won't seen to give me a break.  

That's your biggest issue.  Also consider the relative weights of factors.  If you want to obsess then obsess over your derogs.  One balance reporting is nothing compared to this.

@My_Fako wrote:

I've had 2 Cap1 cards for 4 or 5 years with good spend. One is a Qs had upgraded to no fee version $4500 limit. And my other is a Plat $2750 due for a increase in a few weeks. Been putting all the spend I can on it, to hope for a decent increase. Then going to combine cards. Does this help with cap1 internal score?

Do not rely so much on usage.  It may help to some small degree in some cases but your entire creditor profile and your income are always the primary considerations.

@My_Fako wrote:

But I have have never had a pre qualify offer on their sign in the past 10 years.

Do not rely on prequals.

@My_Fako wrote:

Anyone with. 657 Tu get them to raise higher than $3500?

Stated above but, again, it is never just about score.

Message 12 of 13
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

I have a Amazon prime store card...  Limit only $3500. The past month I bought a new iMac 5k 27....

My Question is my statement. Cuts on the 13th. Want to pay it off. I called and they said I would need to make the payment tonight by 11:59.  I'm wondering how long usually it takes them to take payment out...  Some of my Cards like Barclays is really fast.  Then some take 3 or 4 days to take funds out of bank. I owe around $2300 have only like $2100 today.  I can get the rest in a day or two..  Anyone remember how long they usually take to remove funds on a avg? 

My overall utilization sits at about 6%,  but I have a few store cards with small balances. Except Amazon. I'll have no problems paying off the other one in time of reporting. 

Just might apply for a new account or two next month. Have all my bank cards paid off. Just need to pay off a few store cards this month to, boost score as much as possible. 

Any advise on Thier experiences with Amazon (Synchrony)  would be much appreciated! 

I know it is too late for your scenario, but, let me just say that SynchAmazon is my hinkiest when it comes to delays with purchases and especially payments.  They always get sorted eventually, but the path they take is often a strange  one.  It seems payments take more than a few days to post, available balances are arbitrarily weird, reflecting neither pending purchases nor pending payments nor cleared ones.  Once my available credit was off by an inexplicable 25 dollars for a week with no pending charges or payments.  It magically corrected, as it has every time.

That said, the liberal CLI of this card, paired with my now 5% discount can not be beat.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.