Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card reports utilization in near real time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon store card reports utilization in near real time

I have an Experian subscription that lets me check on my score and report daily. I noticed with the amazon store card (synchrony) that every purchase I make, and every payment, shows up on my reportreport immediately. My score goes down a few points with every purchase then back up with every payment.

I don't much care but anyone angling a mortgage might want to watch their spending there. Statement cut means nothing for this card.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon store card reports utilization in near real time

Thank you!  Great info to know!  You wouldn't think it would go down everytime you make a purchase.  I guess that's why they say it changes all the time.  Yikes!  You can imagine what happens when you make a big purchase & don't pay it off until the bill comes!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great info.. Thanks for sharing.

Message 3 of 7
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

i have the experian service and noticed the same thing.  logged in and i noticed there was an extra card with a balance.... scared me a little bit because i knew there shouldnt have been.   sure enough a $38 charge to my amazon card from 2 days before was showing up.  my bill dont even cycle till the 15th.   paid it off and soon as the payment posted its now back to $0.  

is this something new from amazon?   never noticed this before.

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it depends on your limits, my amazon card has a $1000 limit, so if I make a $300 purchase suddenly utilization on that one card climbs significantly. If it had a $5000 limit it might matter less but I see my score going up and down by 1 to 5 points based on activity on that card. Not a lot of points, and not something I worry about, but someone trying to eek out those last few points to get a mortgage through might want to be careful.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they do report usage very quickly.
Message 6 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

So they don't just report monthly...When you buy something they report?  What is the point, costs them money to do so, doesn't it... Hope this isn't a trend other cards are going to follow or Sync cards in general.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.