cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card, what do they like to see?

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Amazon store card, what do they like to see?

I just got approved for a $800 CL with an Amazon store card... What's the key to get some good luv from them using this card?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon store card, what do they like to see?

Usage and Balance. Don't pay in full if you want to see more auto Love.

Message 2 of 15
reno55
Regular Contributor

Any particular util?
Message 3 of 15
plasectomy
New Contributor

So sad but so true. "Pay us interest and we'll give you more credit"

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 4 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

Took me 14 months of various usage patterns to get a CLI on this card, so from my experience they don't know what they're looking for lol.

Message 5 of 15
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I got regular cli's every 4 months on my card. I used it each month and pif before the statement cut. It's been at 5k for a while now but I've not been asking either. When I would call when I had a lower limit, I would tell them I wanted to take advantage of their 0% financing but still be ok with utilization.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 6 of 15
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

I only use mine on bigger items I want to take advantage of Promos. So, $150 is the bare min. purchase I use it for.

I've kept a balance on the card every day for over a year.

Never paid a penny in interest.

A couple times (especially my first purchase due to $600 starting limit) I've had a high utilization on the card. 75-80% but paid it down quickly.

Always pauid the balance off before promos expire. In fact, month or more early.

I get auto CLIs every 4 months or so.

So, I would say, they just want to see usage and on time payments.

Message 7 of 15
krial
Regular Contributor

I always order $150 and take advantage of 6 months with no interest. Minimum payments pay it off before any interest is due. I've never paid one cent of interest and always have usage on the card. I guess they like what I'm doing.

I started at $600, got auto CLI to $900 after 3 months. Hit the luv button just over 2 months later and instantly bumped it to $1500.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 8 of 15
mszuki1000
Contributor

Smiley Very HappyI also just got approved for the Amazon Store Card for $700......Do they do automayic increases because I stay shopping on Amazon....Have been for years!!! All my grankids christmas gifts came from there,already gift wrapped......Love It!......Maybe I can get an increase by Christmas of 2014

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
trzarocks

It's just like the other GECRB cards.

4th statement cut (meaning you have to use it) should get you an Auto CLI or you can  request CLI online or on the phone.

If you want to go big, call the backdoor number and request a good number from the phone rep.

What they don't want to see is inactivity, late payments, or new negatives on your credit report.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.