Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card?

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Amazon store card?

Just wondering if the card issued by GE Capitol is BK friendly?...it ask clear and free from BK...Just wondering if anyone has been approved with one report...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon store card?

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
Just wondering if the card issued by GE Capitol is BK friendly?...it ask clear and free from BK...Just wondering if anyone has been approved with one report...

Bump +1...curious about this and the general score for approval, if known. WGMC is, as always, vague.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 9
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I have a 2003 BK and I was approved for 5 GE cards in 2008 including Amazon Store Card.  Originally, I had a $700 CL - then was CLD a few times in 2009 until I got to about $3 or 400.  Now, I get pretty regular increases and my CL is $2500.  They have been really good to me.  I used the account regularly.  My credit score at the time was maybe in the high 500's to very low 600's.  Certanly no more than about 605 or do.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I have a 2003 BK and I was approved for 5 GE cards in 2008 including Amazon Store Card.  Originally, I had a $700 CL - then was CLD a few times in 2009 until I got to about $3 or 400.  Now, I get pretty regular increases and my CL is $2500.  They have been really good to me.  I used the account regularly.  My credit score at the time was maybe in the high 500's to very low 600's.  Certanly no more than about 605 or do.

Sounds like GE is BK friendly up to 5 years.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

GE is BK friendly.  Think about it, store cards are inherintly higher risk and therefor high default rates which is why they charge 25% interest.  If they refused to lend to everyone who had a BK or burned them at some point they would eliminate a huge huge portion of their portfolio.

Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

GE is BK friendly.  Think about it, store cards are inherintly higher risk and therefor high default rates which is why they charge 25% interest.  If they refused to lend to everyone who had a BK or burned them at some point they would eliminate a huge huge portion of their portfolio.

This is true.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
jwduke
Regular Contributor

I had a GEMB/Amazon store card....they cut the limit 3 times, then finally closed it. No lates or baddies of any kind....CSR said they didn't need my type? I asked, and didn't receive a answer! As far as I'm concerned GEMB sucks!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

They didnt need your type?? They said that to you?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

DH got approved and we filed ch 7 in 2005.  He ONLY got 500 (despite asking for CLI) even though his EX score (that they used, wasn't FICO as the range didnt match) was 716.

Their credit score range was 100 - 900.  IDK what score that would be.  The first time he applied 8=9 months ago he was denied. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.