Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon store card

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Amazon store card

My DH wants to ask for a cli on his Amazon store card, when they ask how much you want are you suppose to add your old CL with new amount  you want or if He just wants 1,000 more then just say 1,000. DH has had his card a little over a year,   it started at 700 and went to 1,000 then four months ago it went to 1350. He has a 0 balance right now. What would you ask for? Do they counter offer on automated phone system? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon store card

They increased it to 1,750, He asked for 1200

Message 2 of 7
eviLution
Established Contributor

why would he ask for 1200 when he was already at 1350? lol

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 3 of 7
learnin113
Established Contributor

Amazon CLI is online now you just click enter close your eyes and bam... Either yes or no. That simple.
Message 4 of 7
anthill927
Established Member

I honestly think whatever you ask for, call underwriting and ask for more.  I have had my amazon for just over a year in december. I was at 2400 and never really used it. I wanted to use it for christmas, and I asked for a cli on the website and got declined. Thanks to my good friends here, I found out about underwriting. I called them and asked them to reconsider and asked for a limit of 4000 and after a few questions they came back and approved it!! they also did it for my walmart card and amazon card.

I want to be in the 700s again!
Message 5 of 7
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

He asked for 1200 more than his current CL. lol

Message 6 of 7
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

You can get a better CLI by calling their backdoor #. Ask for 5,000.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.