Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon vs Best Buy store cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon vs Best Buy store cards

I'm planning for my appocolypse.

My 2010 laptop is on it's last leg. I'm an electronics junkie.  Have PS4, Xbox One, full Sony entertainment system, and my Asus gaming laptop needs to retire to gaming only.  Praying she makes it for at least 6 more months without needing some serious upgrades.

Here's the things I've been looking up, I frequent both Amazon and Best Buy, already have Prime and Best Buy general rewards card. I see 5% with Amazon prime, yet can't find the nitty gritty w Best Buy. 

I know both offer either 0% or special financing.  Yes, I PIF and can finance a large purchase for 3 months max if I can score a 0% finance or APR lower than 11%.

My APR's on current cards are in the crapper for at least 2 yrs and I know this during my rebuilding from idocracy of 2014.

Just wondering the boards thoughts on these store cards while I'm in gardening aka planning my next attack mode.  I'd like to continue this credit journey and not pay cash like I have the past decade. 

sorry for typos, my iPhone is my internet go to.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon vs Best Buy store cards

I think your scores are too low for Best Buy, Citi is pretty hard to get in with on that card. As far as amazon store card, you might get it but get a small limit and may not be able to get the limit increased immediately and be able to purchase the computer. 

I would try and get scores up a little bit before apping. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input! I appreciate it! My mind has been wandering.

Holding out for 6 month re eval of scores, and dear Ole Asus laptop can make 6mths life span. Perhaps if I'm only at 620 true Fico across the boards that's my answer, I decide on Amazon instead.  

My laptop is dying, geriatric phase. Worst case is I pay outright cash then, but the desire to use these new tactics of credit is a saucy seductress indeed. 

Message 3 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

why dont you look on overstock? they have computers and financing options. and u already have the card 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh duh. You know, I got overstock SCT bc I saw their sheet sets and thought I'll use that in the near future! Never thought to use that as a resource for electronics. 31 day CLI is Sept 2nd, I'll start researching. 

Edit:  reasoning for SCT. 1. Store card in arsenal.  2. VS I do shop at and Overstock, well I foresaw myself having a relationship with them for the next several years. 

Message 5 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

i got a refurbished mac desktop on overstock for a deal, works perfectly and i financing on it. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.