Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon vs Bestbuy vs Hhgregg

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon vs Bestbuy vs Hhgregg

I'm looking to finance a tv with one of these stores . Which one gives the best starting limites ? I'm only considering Hhgregg because they have a 36 month zero interest promo . Scores are in the mid 700's , no negative accounts .
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon vs Bestbuy vs Hhgregg

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm looking to finance a tv with one of these stores . Which one gives the best starting limites ? I'm only considering Hhgregg because they have a 36 month zero interest promo . Scores are in the mid 700's , no negative accounts .

Amazon and Hhgregg (what a weird name...) are both backed by Synchrony, so both probably have the same U/W critera, and both can recon the starting limit. If you plan on spending more than $797, both cards have the same 0% deferred interest period on TV's right now (24 months). You only get the 36 month promo at Hhgregg if you spend more than $1,797. 

Best Buy card is backed by Citi, and they're not exactly known for their generousity. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you . And yeah I don't know what they were thinking when they named the place Hhgregg.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got a mid 700 score and your looking for store cards. How about prime card with 0% for 1-1.5 years.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about freedom.
$175 back for $500 spend add au $50 more.
0% APR for 15 months.
10% cashback for Amazon.

Discover it
$50 cashback with referral code
0% APR for 12 months
10% cashback Amazon

Citi double cash
2% back
0% APR for 15 months
Price reward for xx days.

All these cards are usable after the introductory period. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or if you've got an Apple Pay eligible iOS device, Best Buy takes Apple Pay. So min you get 11% back. (They have a special thru the end of the year that apple pay pays an extra 10% up to the first 10k in purchases.) If you happen to have an existing Discover and got it with the double cash back for a year, ,you can be like me and get 22% back on your new TV (half 'now' and half 'in a yea'r). And I've got 0% interest with Discover now. It's not for as long as I could get with BB etc. but it works for me. (I don't think they're offering the double cash on new cards now). Another option is Discover Miles. Never looked into it and I don't know if either A) they're offering double miles, but they often do, B) and/or if they're offering 0% on purchases, but on the iT they often do, and/or C) if the Apple Pay deal is working there. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I probably should've mentioned that already have a discover it and freedom. Both outside the sign on promo period.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get 22% back on your discover . I thought the deal was 5% back which doubles to 10% back ?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the encouragement of this board, I chatted discover re: my it that I got in 2013 and asked if there were any promotions available to me (or maybe I asked for APR reduction?) I was offered, as many here are, 0% on purchases for a year. Again, worked for me, but you can get longer terms from some new and specialty cards. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How did you get 22% back on your discover . I thought the deal was 5% back which doubles to 10% back ?

5% is the discover deal/buy online. The 10% is Apple Pay, buy in store, which stacks with 1%. Then I've got the double. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.