Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amercan Express Platinum Qualification

tag
Arago
New Contributor

Re: Amercan Express Platinum Qualification

Are you kidding? AMEX would be more than happy if you called them up and told them that you'd like to pay them $450 a year instead of $125 a year for a charge card.  Call them up. 

Message 11 of 14
Wata

I called customer service but was told that I need to wait for 13months. Thank you for your advice.
Message 12 of 14
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Wata wrote:
I called customer service but was told that I need to wait for 13months. Thank you for your advice.

You could always just apply for Platinum and close the Gold card account (or keep it-whatever floats your boat).Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 13 of 14
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

You can get an upgrade in less than 13 months. I did just last year. Started with a Gold card on 7/30/2012. Received an email offer to upgrade to Platinum on 12/26/2012 and I followed the link.  No issues and no HP I was upgraded and my account was transferred to my new card. Received card on 12/28/2012 in fancy box. Also received 25K points for first purchase with new card. 

I always ignored those pop up upgrade offers. If they want you to upgrade they will let you know. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.