cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

America Express and creditcards.com card match... WHAT?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

America Express and creditcards.com card match... WHAT?

Okay so I just got thrown for a lupe and after basically trashing creditcard.com yesterday I am shocked and maybe putting tail between my legs if valid....

So American Express Blue Cash Preferred if I go online even logged in under my partners current card it is showing he can apply and it's 0% for 6 months on "Purchases" only and a range of 12.99% to 21.99% for APR after that.

Did the Cardmatch and got an offer for Amex Blue Cash Preferred with 0% for 15 months and a 12.99 after that!!

SAY WHAT?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Re: America Express and creditcards.com card match... WHAT?

yup im loving creditcards.com right now! my 50k bonus points upon 1k spend in 3 months is REAL!

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 2 of 12
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

You'll get different promotion occasionally with different sites. For instance with cardmatch you will get $250 reward dollars instead of the usual $150 after spending $1000 in first 90days. The 0% for 15 months its a promotion that could be site/refferal specific. the 12.99% will vary depending on your creditwordiness, and they probably just put the value it starts from so the low end.

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@charleeislegend wrote:

yup im loving creditcards.com right now! my 50k bonus points upon 1k spend in 3 months is REAL!

What I forgot about it is it's a little like Capital One... You have to make sure you are reading the difference between "You are approved" (Basically, not actual words) vs. "We have these great offers for you" type thing... people and me get confused sometimes on that.

he had 15 offers or something but only 4 said these are exclusive offers from the bank because of your credit type wording and all 4 were Amex, Gold Charge, Delta Gold, Regular Daily Blue and the Preferred Blue which is AWESOME but unfortunetly not what we are really shopping for right now as a 0% card (maybe I should word it) I don't want to start that relationship with amex to see lots of charges not paid in full and also probably reason 1 is I "think" I'm blacklisted and all though Amex seemed to do away with that for a while for adding AU, I think it's back, can anyone confirm if they are blacklisted for getting amex themselves but in the last year was able to be added to a "NEW ACCOUNT AS AU" ???

Message 4 of 12
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Not to mention the sign-up bonus is $250 after $1000 spend in 3 months. Smiley Happy I app'ed for it 2 weeks ago and got my highest credit limit. Smiley Very Happy I just checked my terms and it says:

APR for Purchases: 0.00% introductory APR through your billing period that ends in June, 2014. After that, your APR will be 12.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ssjjfar wrote:

You'll get different promotion occasionally with different sites. For instance with cardmatch you will get $250 reward dollars instead of the usual $150 after spending $1000 in first 90days. The 0% for 15 months its a promotion that could be site/refferal specific. the 12.99% will vary depending on your creditwordiness, and they probably just put the value it starts from so the low end.

Normally I would agree with a lot of this but not this time... I have gone into his account through amex and clicked to get another card and get his offers and it gives the 6 months 0% and the range of APR.

The creditmatch offer I go into and the details are the 15 months 0% and no range on APR, says it is 12.99%

didn't notice the cash bonus part.

Message 6 of 12
RSCo
Established Contributor

how reliable are the recommendations on creditcards.com that result in actual approvals?  I was there yesterday and they claim I was a match for the premier rewards gold Amex.. I didn't apply tho... 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 7 of 12
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

how reliable are the recommendations on creditcards.com that result in actual approvals?  I was there yesterday and they claim I was a match for the premier rewards gold Amex.. I didn't apply tho... 

they are not very reliable in terms of getting approved. but their offers are AMAZING. and for what its worth i got approved for the PRG with VERY short credit history (although its perfect)

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 8 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Im jelly of that 0% 15 mos w Amex!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 12
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

I got that and the Delta card, but then again, all it takes is positive history to get an American Express card, so I don't know.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.