Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

America express blue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

America express blue

Just received email from american expres saying exclusive invitation to apply, I haven't check my fico score in months and was wondering if I should apply. Do I have a good chance of being approved since it's an invite?  I don't want to waste an inquiry and get denied. Any feed back wold be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: America express blue

I  just received the so called "exclusive" invitation too.   Since I am not in the market for their card I just ignored it.  I don't put much weight on it being very "exclusive".   Just my 2 cents worth. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 9
dharalex
Established Contributor

I wondered the same thing. I actually posted last night the same question. I think the vets are tired of the newbies ( me) asking the same questions. Well, I'm now on page 43+ and I feel confident that there is a good chance of being accepted. I think I will try for both blue and gold, then be done. I really want an amex badly...

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@dharalex wrote:
I wondered the same thing. I actually posted last night the same question. I think the vets are tired of the newbies ( me) asking the same questions. Well, I'm now on page 43+ and I feel confident that there is a good chance of being accepted. I think I will try for both blue and gold, then be done. I really want an amex badly...

It's the nature of forums that the same questions are often asked by new members. It's no big deal. If a few grouches get upset by it then they are here for the wrong reasons.

Keep asking away!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 9
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Good Luck dharalex, let us know how your app's go!

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 9
dharalex
Established Contributor

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

It's the nature of forums that the same questions are often asked by new members. It's no big deal. If a few grouches get upset by it then they are here for the wrong reasons.

Keep asking away!

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

And it's also the nature of credit markets to change drastically, so yesterday's answer may be no good today.  Another reason not to be worried about asking questions. 

ETA: Realized provided no info to OP.  The consensus seems to be that Amex's preapprovals are a little better than some other preapprovals, at least I believe that is what people say about the online preapproval feature.  Not sure if that holds true with their mailings.  That said, these things are still mostly marketing for the CC companies.  And you shouldn't put too much stock in the offer.  If you want a better indication, consider pulling your scores and ask some questions here.  Or provide some more info about your profile, any recent negatives, how high is your utilization, etc.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 9
GB44
Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

Keep asking away!

From a BK years ago to:

Don't want to jack the thread but this is too funny........MarineVietVet, who is a Veteran, and a Veteran of this forum, answers the question about Veterans on this forum.

WELL DONE....Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
dharalex
Established Contributor

You aren't part of the family til your thread gets jacked!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.