cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Airlines AAdvantage Credit limit Increase…….

tag
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: American Airlines AAdvantage Credit limit Increase…….

@Aleecat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

I have had this card for almost a year. Put heavy spend, PIF, FICO of 798-800, Utilization on credit report 4%. Now its a zero balance.

They have not increased my credit limit. I called twice  within the last few months in reference to having a credit limit increase and was told that I would have to allow them to HP my credit for a limit increase.

I am getting fed up as all of my other cards have grown with me except this one. I sit at 8500 without an increase. Anyone else has this card and has some experience with getting auto or SP cli ?

Please let me know 

Thanks

I have 4 Citi cards, and all of them have had SP CLIs except the AA one, which always indicates it will be a HP.   As others said, if you want the CLI, take the HP!   Sometimes issuers just don't do auto-CLIs or SP CLI on customer request.   If the initial CL is fine, the cards don't really need to "grow"   that is overly focussed on here.

Yes, I think you may be right. HP may be the only way. I do not want to HP and then its not worth it. I think I may SD it . The  last rep stated that although they review accounts every 6 months,they will not just increase it without "soliciting the card member and getting approval for a HP." Not sure how to interpret that. He kept putting me on hold and sounded like an inexperienced rep though.

Why do you need the CL?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aleecat wrote:

I have had this card for almost a year. Put heavy spend, PIF, FICO of 798-800, Utilization on credit report 4%. Now its a zero balance.

They have not increased my credit limit. I called twice  within the last few months in reference to having a credit limit increase and was told that I would have to allow them to HP my credit for a limit increase.

I am getting fed up as all of my other cards have grown with me except this one. I sit at 8500 without an increase. Anyone else has this card and has some experience with getting auto or SP cli ?

Please let me know 

Thanks

I never received an auto CLI from them until I requested a CLI with a HP on EQ.... and it was granted. 

Message 12 of 16
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

Please let me know 

Thanks

I never received an auto CLI from them until I requested a CLI with a HP on EQ.... and it was granted. 

But once again, if you're not bumping up against the CL and PIF, why does OP need it? 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 13 of 16
Aleecat
New Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

Please let me know 

Thanks

I have 4 Citi cards, and all of them have had SP CLIs except the AA one, which always indicates it will be a HP.   As others said, if you want the CLI, take the HP!   Sometimes issuers just don't do auto-CLIs or SP CLI on customer request.   If the initial CL is fine, the cards don't really need to "grow"   that is overly focussed on here.

Yes, I think you may be right. HP may be the only way. I do not want to HP and then its not worth it. I think I may SD it . The  last rep stated that although they review accounts every 6 months,they will not just increase it without "soliciting the card member and getting approval for a HP." Not sure how to interpret that. He kept putting me on hold and sounded like an inexperienced rep though.

Why do you need the CL?

I do not "need" the CLI for any particular reason. I got the card mainly for its travel benefits. I think I get the message. I just always thought cards were suppose to Grow with you. All of my others did, So I expected this one to as well. It's not a big deal. 

Message 14 of 16
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Aleecat wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

Please let me know 

Thanks

Why do you need the CL?

I do not "need" the CLI for any particular reason. I got the card mainly for its travel benefits. I think I get the message. I just always thought cards were suppose to Grow with you. All of my others did, So I expected this one to as well. It's not a big deal. 

Either it will in time (keep in mind most of the world doesn't sit here pestering CSR reps), or perhaps you hit your internal limit w/ Citi. 

But keep in mind, if your UTIL is in check and you don't need a higher limit on a particular card, there is little use/benefit of getting a higher CL

YMMV

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aleecat wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Aleecat wrote:

Please let me know 

Thanks

Why do you need the CL?

OP, if you are willing to take an HP, you can call them, they will transfer you to a Credit Analyst. They will ask you how much do you want and the reason why. If you have been paying in full every month, Citi will give you the CLI or a counter offer....  I haven't had any CLI with a SP with them. I guess because I have a high CL.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.