cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Airlines Credit Card (STORE CARD??!!) Who knew!?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Airlines Credit Card (STORE CARD??!!) Who knew!?

So booking travel and just as I'm saying I wish I could save I get to the "review and pay" screen and at bottom I see a credit card button, a "Fly Now, Payment Plan Button" and that "HOLD" button I was just wishing for! WAIT WAIT, Fly now, payment plan? I was thinking it looked like it was just some promo to bill to the AA account and linked visa im booking the award ticket on but then I click and then click further info because it's offering 6 months no interest on any tickets over $150 and get to apply and it looks like an app for a Citi backed Gas card or something and I click terms and sure enough it's a "American Airlines Credit Card" no visa, no amex, just a store type card with a terrible 25.9% but currently has 0% for 6 months on all purchases over $149.00

So basically my question is after our recent TERRIBLE Citi experience and to many INQ do you think since this is a store card basically that the requirements are WAY more laxed? probably will skip for right now since it is an award ticket so total due is only $85 but I'm shocked, slightly excited to see such a thing for a later time! Smiley Happy

So who has it? limit and credit info of yourself type info would be great.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: American Airlines Credit Card (STORE CARD??!!) Who knew!?

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AACreditCard.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&...

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AACreditCard.jsp?anchorLocation=DirectURL&...

Thank you, pictures are a great help!

You know how to put pictures of your credit cards in sigi line?

Message 3 of 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

Thank you, pictures are a great help!

You know how to put pictures of your credit cards in sigi line?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Profile-tweaks/m-p/1864003#M30790

Link of how to put credit cards in your signature.... 

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 10
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I've heard that the approval criteria are the same as any other Citi product. I would never go for this product over the AAdvantage Plat Select. I love this card. It's also packed with rewards and features. I love AA and UA the most and use these two more frequently than any other carrier so that helps as well. I don't know what kind of experiences you've had with Citi, but my dealings with them thus far have been good.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 5 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I have the AA MC and the AA card (The one linked to here). Only reason I can think of to get the card is if you like to have 6 months to pay off any tickets/upgrades or other purchases made with AA over $150.

I like mine and use it alot.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
I have the AA MC and the AA card (The one linked to here). Only reason I can think of to get the card is if you like to have 6 months to pay off any tickets/upgrades or other purchases made with AA over $150.

I like mine and use it alot.

Since you have both, what are your limits on both? are these different then starting limits?

Message 7 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

My Citi MC I have had for 8 or so years. Forget what limit I started with, but it is now just shy of 25k.

My AA card I got last year with a $2,500 limit, but then again when I applied my util was over 80% accross all cards and I had a citi card near 90%. So I do understand the limit they gave me. I was just happy for the approval at the time.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 10
haiti222
Contributor

A question for those with the card. I too use it a lot, and pay the required amounts to have no interest. For the past six month or so, they have been charging me a 2 dollar a month fee, but no interest. Are you being charged this fee? Is it whenever you have a no interest balance, or did I do something that caused it to be charged and it may not be charged once I clear everything out. I have some non- 6-month charges periodically for baggage fees.

Message 9 of 10
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Based on my experience.    CITI approved me for 2 store cards with good CL.   They also declined me for major card due to CO in the past.   All with 2 months.   So store cards seem to be a lot easier.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.