Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Airlines Offer

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: American Airlines Offer

tobago_88 wrote:

I get these offeres like 2-3 times a month! Side-note I love how they package the offers. Once I got this really cool plastic / clear envelope lol.

yes it definitely came in and nice envelope I was very surprised by that.  Also so what you're saying is they come out with this more than three or four times in a month or if I'm reading that correct?   

Message 21 of 77
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to be an enabler BUT my wife just got this card with several new accounts and inquiries in the last 6 months. I think Citi must be less inquiry sensitive for cobranded cards.

Do you know how many new accounts and inquiries that your wife and when she applied?   I'm currently sitting at 21 inquiries on EQ  with the last one being in December and my last new account being in the Cember be a chase we get along really well. 

I had 25 when i apped and got approved. Wasn't automatic but I had to do a simpel call in for security reasons or whatever

25  inquiries  in what span of time?  How many new accounts do you have In the last 6 Months? 

Honestly I have lost tracked lol. A lot of them are older like over 1 year old. I have apped for the Citi AA, Citi Hilton, Amex Hilton, Barclays Rewards, Barclays Jetblue, and maybe one or two more. The Amex hilton, and Barclay's INQ's arent on my EQ and my Amex hasn't reported yet.

A lot of my inquiries in April will either fall off or be over a year old and in December  I will be almost inquiry free except three or four maybe  that came from Chase. That will fall off in August of next year. 

Honestly I would wait to app again until December but I am also lying right now because I know personally I would try it again before June Smiley Tongue

I think that's  what's going to end up happening is I'm on my way into the  decent December unless they come up with some kind of 75K bonus offer  between now and December. 

Message 22 of 77
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get these offeres like 2-3 times a month! Side-note I love how they package the offers. Once I got this really cool plastic / clear envelope lol.

yes it definitely came in and nice envelope I was very surprised by that.  Also so what you're saying is they come out with this more than three or four times in a month or if I'm reading that correct?   

The 50k miles you do want to try for, but the BT offer on the personal card is nothing special. I have 3% fee 0% APR BT offers on my first AA, so that part just comes with the card. No BT offer yet on the AA #2 but I haven't even closed out the bonus spend or second statement and they already moved it from WMC to WEMC.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 77
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I would get the card now and hope your billing period is before the 2nnd of March. They are devaluing the points by then and depending on the trip it could cost you more. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 24 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied to the AA Platinum Select and got the "wait" message not sure if I got rejected, requires manual review or address verification:

Thank you. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. You may check back in 24 hours to see if a decision has been determined. We will contact you within 1 week via mail/email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®.

My annual fee for the Executive is coming up and I'm thinking about closing that card and get this one instead. Hopefully I can transfer credit line over to the new card but accordingly to all those posts I've read at this forum chances are remote.

Message 25 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

They want people to apply right now. Aavantage member, bu...

They want people to apply right now. Aavantage member, but no special APR for this lower scorer.
image.jpeg
Message 26 of 77
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied to the AA Platinum Select and got the "wait" message not sure if I got rejected, requires manual review or address verification:

Thank you. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. You may check back in 24 hours to see if a decision has been determined. We will contact you within 1 week via mail/email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®.

My annual fee for the Executive is coming up and I'm thinking about closing that card and get this one instead. Hopefully I can transfer credit line over to the new card but accordingly to all those posts I've read at this forum chances are remote.

What  does your credit report look like? Scores inquiries new accounts 

Message 27 of 77
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: They want people to apply right now. Aavantage member, bu...

@Anonymous wrote:
They want people to apply right now. Aavantage member, but no special APR for this lower scorer.
image.jpeg

They do want people to apply Rights now.  Know mention of anything about the APR? 

Message 28 of 77
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Weird my 60k offer looks comletly different lol.. 3 different version at least.  no 0% APR for my offer.  I can't byte though as I know my profile can't support it right now..  Positive side Exp has 1 HP in last 6 months and TU 1 HP in last 6 months.. EQ though ugh.. 4-5 in last 6 months.

I just know they would pull EQ for me

Message 29 of 77
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Weird my 60k offer looks comletly different lol.. 3 different version at least.  no 0% APR for my offer.  I can't byte though as I know my profile can't support it right now..  Positive side Exp has 1 HP in last 6 months and TU 1 HP in last 6 months.. EQ though ugh.. 4-5 in last 6 months.

I just know they would pull EQ for me

That 60k offer when does it expire?  My Ex has 2 HP in the last 6 months. TU has 1 in the last 6 months. EQ  has about 4 to 6 in the last 6 months.  

That's the million-dollar question I don't know why they pull EQ  they must have some kind of contract or agreement for people that live in the  Southern region of United States. 

Message 30 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.