Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Consumer Council Membership/Affiliated Credit Unions

tag
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

American Consumer Council Membership/Affiliated Credit Unions

I joined the American Consumer Council for a lifetime membership fee of $15

Here's a list of their affiliated Credit Unions. Now, I'm not sure whether being a member automatically allows you to enroll in any of the listed Credit Unions (does anyone happen to know)?

If anyone has any experience with the listed Credit Unions good/bad, please let me know thanks!

Credit Union Affiliates

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Consumer Council Membership/Affiliated Credit Unions

NICE LIST and the way into NASA!! I feel like I use to hear more about them like Navy.

Message 2 of 10
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Both NASA FCU and Fort Knox have pretty good rewards credit cards.

NASA:  2% cashback flat after $2,000 in purchases.  (1% up to $1,000, and 1.25% between $1,000 and $2,000)

Fort Knox: 5% cashback on gas

Message 3 of 10
user5387
Valued Contributor

Joining the ACC does allow you to join a variety of CUs.

However, those CUs still have their own requirements, for example hard credit pulls, minimum deposit in savings, Chex pull for checking, and so on.

There are lots of CUs open to anyone.

Message 4 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

RBFCU only opens its membership to Texas residents.

Ron.

Message 5 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I went this route so that I could become a member of State Dept. CU. Worked for me. So far, so good.

edit: no HP to join SDFCU Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Thanks a lot for posting this list.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 10
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Thanks a lot for posting this list.

Ur welcome!

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 8 of 10
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

I went this route so that I could become a member of State Dept. CU. Worked for me. So far, so good.

edit: no HP to join SDFCU Smiley Happy

No hp to join? That is awesome to know thanks

Message 9 of 10
tld409
Regular Contributor

@rebuildingcredit1 wrote:

I joined the American Consumer Council for a lifetime membership fee of $15

Here's a list of their affiliated Credit Unions. Now, I'm not sure whether being a member automatically allows you to enroll in any of the listed Credit Unions (does anyone happen to know)?

If anyone has any experience with the listed Credit Unions good/bad, please let me know thanks!

Credit Union Affiliates

I didn't see the following credit union which has great products and rates:  

PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employee Credit Union)- 

www.psecu.com   

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.