Frequent Contributor
Cotton_Britches

American Dream Mastercard

Does anyone have the American Dream mastercard from HSBC?

I may be wrong, but I've always thought of HSBC as subprime so I'm afraid to apply for it and have that on my credit report. The chance to win a cash prize monthly does sound interesting though.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see. Because this broken road prepares your will for me." - Jeremy Camp
Established Member
LizF

Re: American Dream Mastercard

Just their website is confusing & busy enough to deter me from wanting to deal with them...is that a misplaced perception?

Starting Equifax Score: 747
Current Equifax Score: 747
Goal Equifax Score: 775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
score_building

This is another of hsbc subprime card offerings, the fact that, for most, there is statistically a significantly better chance of getting struck by lightening than winning the prize (that card holders' are supposedly entered to win with each purchase) may not deter peeps from applying for this lack luster card offering (and in my case, being denied before realizing it's basically a pretty, shiny new dud.)

I like the appearance of the card but ultimately it was a good thing I was denied IMO since I didn't research it thoroughly until after app...that was bad pre-Forum behaviour.

The card is targeted and often panned in the mainstream press FWIW. 

If you aren't subprime (I wasn't) it is especially not a good pick, since they are apparently targeting subprime customers with this product. 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor
Cotton_Britches

Thanks for the heads up. :smileyvery-happy:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see. Because this broken road prepares your will for me." - Jeremy Camp

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}