Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Dream Mastercard

tag
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

American Dream Mastercard

Does anyone have the American Dream mastercard from HSBC?

I may be wrong, but I've always thought of HSBC as subprime so I'm afraid to apply for it and have that on my credit report. The chance to win a cash prize monthly does sound interesting though.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Dream Mastercard

Just their website is confusing & busy enough to deter me from wanting to deal with them...is that a misplaced perception?
Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

This is another of hsbc subprime card offerings, the fact that, for most, there is statistically a significantly better chance of getting struck by lightening than winning the prize (that card holders' are supposedly entered to win with each purchase) may not deter peeps from applying for this lack luster card offering (and in my case, being denied before realizing it's basically a pretty, shiny new dud.)

I like the appearance of the card but ultimately it was a good thing I was denied IMO since I didn't research it thoroughly until after app...that was bad pre-Forum behaviour.

The card is targeted and often panned in the mainstream press FWIW. 

If you aren't subprime (I wasn't) it is especially not a good pick, since they are apparently targeting subprime customers with this product. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Smiley Very Happy
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.