cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Eagle: If I apply for both Visa & Store & am declined for Visa, is that 2 hard inquires?

tag
marissalea93
New Visitor

American Eagle: If I apply for both Visa & Store & am declined for Visa, is that 2 hard inquires?

So I'm wanting to apply for the American Eagle Card, I shop there frequently, and I feel it would help my current score if I choose to add another card since I'm trying to build my score. I currently have a 689 Transunion & a 689 Equifax according to Credit Karma. According to the general research I've done on the card, I'm thinking I should be approved for the store card at least, though it may not be a high limit. I'm wondering if I apply for the Visa card and happen to be denied, if I choose the option to automatically be considered for the store card, will that count as two hard inquires against me? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Eagle: If I apply for both Visa & Store & am declined for Visa, is that 2 hard

I believe it will try to approve you for the Visa card first, if it can't approve that, then it goes for the store card, and if not it declines the application and it's all done under the same HP.
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Eagle: If I apply for both Visa & Store & am declined for Visa, is that 2 hard

@waynes1982 wrote:
I believe it will try to approve you for the Visa card first, if it can't approve that, then it goes for the store card, and if not it declines the application and it's all done under the same HP.

+1.  All the Sync cards that offer Visa/MC will try for that first and then counter store card if they can't approve Visa/MC and then decline altogether if neither.

689 is good to go with Sync and should get you the Visa.

Message 3 of 12
marissalea93
New Visitor

Am I more likely to get a higher CL with the Visa versus the store card I'm assuming?

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@marissalea93 wrote:

Am I more likely to get a higher CL with the Visa versus the store card I'm assuming?

Not really.

866-519-6441

As soon as you have an approval, this number is your friend.... Call and ask for $10k, They will review with sp and counter if they can't approve the full amount.

Sync can be an odd ball sometimes... I have higher limits on some of my store cards with Sync than I do with some of my Visa/MC with them!

Message 5 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

Go into the store and apply for visa best chances
Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Go into the store and apply for visa best chances

I have never had Sync be different online vs. store... they are not one of those lenders that prefers in store.

Message 7 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

for me Banana Republic and Old Navy worked in store for Visa. AEO i applied online and got 150 limit, closed it and went into the store and was approved for 2000 Visa. Walmart MasterCard approved online the second time.

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

for me Banana Republic and Old Navy worked in store for Visa. AEO i applied online and got 150 limit, closed it and went into the store and was approved for 2000 Visa. Walmart MasterCard approved online the second time.

interesting... maybe I take it back then!

Come to think of it I did receive Banana Republic Visa in store and TJX MC in store.

Message 9 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

Ca- we know Instore is always better with synch Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.