Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: American Eagle Visa

WallyxD wrote:

Rackham94 wrote:

Is there way to call to PC to Visa with a SP or do you HAVE to have that message pop up when you login to Pay Your Bill through the store card?

When I called them to see if they HP'd, the csr wasn't too friendly, and said of course, because it was like you filled out a different app, then proceeded to rush me off the phone, for whatever reason. So based on what she told me, I would say no, I don't think it's possible to PC with a SP.

Correct.  It appears that your credit profile improved (score/history, etc.) since you obtained the store card and qualified for their co-branded version.  Hence, it is likely you will have the two accounts (store and Visa) and you can decide whether to keep both open or close the store version.  Unfortunately, the limits cannot be combined.  Additionally, with an upgraded promotion, the store version is automatically closed and any existing balance (if applicable) is transferred to the co-branded account.
Established Contributor
Rackham94

Oh okay so when if I want to change it to a Visa I just app for it and it would auto close my Store Card

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Rackham94 wrote:

Oh okay so when if I want to change it to a Visa I just app for it and it would auto close my Store Card

If you apply and qualify, you will be approved for the co-branded version.  Otherwise, it's been known individuals have been approved for another store version.  The credit tier criteria qualification for the co-branded version is higher and depends on the product (i.e. AEO vs GAP etc).  The store card will not be automatically closed.

Frequent Contributor
WallyxD

FinStar wrote:

WallyxD wrote:

Rackham94 wrote:

Is there way to call to PC to Visa with a SP or do you HAVE to have that message pop up when you login to Pay Your Bill through the store card?

When I called them to see if they HP'd, the csr wasn't too friendly, and said of course, because it was like you filled out a different app, then proceeded to rush me off the phone, for whatever reason. So based on what she told me, I would say no, I don't think it's possible to PC with a SP.

Correct.  It appears that your credit profile improved (score/history, etc.) since you obtained the store card and qualified for their co-branded version.  Hence, it is likely you will have the two accounts (store and Visa) and you can decide whether to keep both open or close the store version.  Unfortunately, the limits cannot be combined.  Additionally, with an upgraded promotion, the store version is automatically closed and any existing balance (if applicable) is transferred to the co-branded account.

Thank you for the info. Again, I'm positive the associate didn't tell me everything I needed to know when I got approved, so I'll call customer service one last time, just so that I have a better grip on everything.

AE Store CC: $850 | AEO Visa: $2,300 | CapOne Quicksilver: $1,700 | Citi Forward for Students $1,500 | Walmart CC $1,350 | Chase Amazon: $500 | PayPal Smart Connect: $500 | Discover iT for Students: $500 | Chase Freedom: $500

Gardening until util 30%
TU Fico: 652 (3/11/14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+