Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Eagle or GAP Visa

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

American Eagle or GAP Visa

I want to know witch visa is easer to get.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: American Eagle or GAP Visa

@corymcd88 wrote:

Are you thinking about apping again??

Why?? Your hurting your credit if your thinking about apping now. Give some time for history on these new accounts you have.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Probably Gap but you have plenty of other GE cards. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 3 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

They're the same. I think you have over 700 for them to get approved for AE or Gap Visa.  They might give you $200 CL store cards. 

Ron.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know GAP gives out cards to people with no prior history (apparently they gave one to me back in 2007, though I still don't remember ever apping).

Message 5 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Have your tried Orchard Bank Classic Visa?  To see if you qualify for unsecured card thru pre-qualifier. They only pull soft on EQ. You don't have to apply for the card. I think it is much easier than AE/ Gap Visa.

Ron.

Message 6 of 8
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I've read on this board that they only approve Gap Visa cards in person, and online apps get the Gap store card. Either way, you don't apply for Gap or Gap Visa, they pick your card for you. With a low credit score, you will be stuck with the Gap store card and have to wait until they invite you to apply for the Gap Visa (a soft inquiry, but a new account). The Gap store cards aren't hard to get imo. 

I don't know anything about the AE card, and didn't even realize they offered a Visa version.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 7 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Have you tried Hooters MC? I think you can apply over the phone (800-850-4668) and they might give it to you (under 700). It is not instant approval.

Ron.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.