cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Account Holds - ALL Accounts!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Express Account Holds - ALL Accounts!

Considering they gave a higher hard limit then the current existing limit on simply cash plus sounds like for now we are not on radar for balance chasing!
Message 11 of 16
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the wedding. Hopefully, american comes thru!!
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting married!!!Smiley Happy 

Thanks for sharing your story with us and I'm happy things worked out with American Express. I know you aren't happy with all of their decisions but its better than them closing your accounts. 

Message 13 of 16
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

wow, CA's marriage is off to rocky credit start! Smiley Wink not what I'd expect from you, OP. Smiley Very Happy I mean, you should know better than to go and do one of the biggest amex no-no's.

Message 14 of 16
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Account Holds - UPDATE

@Creditaddict wrote:

UPDATE:

I have not received the call from the lady yet so accounts are still showing locked online but I did receive e-mails with the hard limits for the 3 accounts:

Platinum Personal Charge - $5k limit (odd since we don't use it and last time I "checked spending ability" it was declined for just $1k!

Plum Business Charge - $3100 limit (WTH, we use $6k-$8k every month and early pay the balance every month!!! This hurts... The cash flow of the business currently will make it very hard to make 2 payments in a month but at least it's on and I can set up alerts when we hit $2500 in spending to make moves before things get declined.

Simply Cash Plus - $26k limit which is $1k above our actual limit - I'm surprised they are allowing anything over!

All and all I'm happy with the results since they didn't close anything and seems like they are going to release everything once the lady that is handling the accounts comes in

CA I am very glad that this worked out for you. Take it as a lesson learned.

You are very lucky considering we all know that credit card companies take a very grim view of something that violates their T&C's.

I am also self employed and have been for over 26 years. I would never do that to an issuer I had biz and personal accounts with. It makes it way too easy for them to connect the dots.

If I am ever lucky enough to get my Amex back someday I will be sure to tread lightly.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Account Holds - UPDATE

Congratulations on your wedding! Thanks for sharing your experience. Happy it is working out so far. Good luck in the future.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.