Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Apology Letter?

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: American Express Apology Letter?

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

That's true, and I do but I'm not always making purchases at MB so I kind of figured I would rather just pass on the card and get a card for 'Everyday' purchases.

I'm still debating between the BCE and BCP, I might first stick with the BCE and then hopefully do a product change?

That's a good idea, you can definately PC from BCE to BCP, however you probably will have to wait 13 months before they allow it, AMEX, and pretty much every CCC pretty much makes you wait a year to PC.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 14
dharalex
Established Contributor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:
Yeah the BCE is a good rewards cards, so is the BCP If you use it enough of justify the AF.

The benz card looks great but seems like the best benefit is the 6X points for MB dealership purchases, and unless you drive a benz it prolly wouldn't make sense.

That's true, and I do but I'm not always making purchases at MB so I kind of figured I would rather just pass on the card and get a card for 'Everyday' purchases.

I'm still debating between the BCE and BCP, I might first stick with the BCE and then hopefully do a product change?

Did you know you no longer have to spend $6500 before getting the cash back benefits of BCP? If you were prepared to pay the af for the Benz card, $75 shouldn't be terrible! If you get the BCE, you will have to wait 13 months to do a PC. I'm sure you will do what works for you....just wanted to make sure you were armed with as much info as possible!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@dharalex wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:
Yeah the BCE is a good rewards cards, so is the BCP If you use it enough of justify the AF.

The benz card looks great but seems like the best benefit is the 6X points for MB dealership purchases, and unless you drive a benz it prolly wouldn't make sense.

Did you know you no longer have to spend $6500 before getting the cash back benefits of BCP? If you were prepared to pay the af for the Benz card, $75 shouldn't be terrible! If you get the BCE, you will have to wait 13 months to do a PC. I'm sure you will do what works for you....just wanted to make sure you were armed with as much info as possible!

Thank you Pizzadude and Dharalex for your responses!

Is it more difficult to get approved for the BCP over BCE? Or is the only difference inregards of the AF?

Message 13 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Thank you Pizzadude and Dharalex for your responses!

Is it more difficult to get approved for the BCP over BCE? Or is the only difference inregards of the AF?

Who know with AMEX.....but my opinion is they are all probably about as hard to get as any of the AMEX revolver cards.

I think the only difference is the AF and reward structure, and also interest rates.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.