Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Apology Letter?

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

American Express Apology Letter?

Hello everyone!

I applied for an American Express Mercedes Benz card (I had high hopes I was going to be approved, my credit was/is pretty good!) and I was later declined.

However, today I received this letter,

Hi grigoreexxxcore,

I deleted the picture of the letter because is showed the full name of an employee. You're welcome to re-post that picture after masking the name.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Does this mean that I was most likely supposed to be approved but due to their error, I was declined?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Apology Letter?

It means your app never went through and no decision was rendered.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

I think your application was one of many that they discovered to have a problem during processing.  If your willing to take another inquiry, I say go for it!!!

Message 3 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

It means your app never went through and no decision was rendered.

+1

I would fight to have the original INQ removed so you can reapp!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That card has a hefty AF right ?   I can't see the letter anymore but it sounds like they want to you try again.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 14
dharalex
Established Contributor

I can't imagine you have an inq in the first place. If it was processed, they shouldn't have done an inq, right?

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 6 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dharalex wrote:
I can't imagine you have an inq in the first place. If it was processed, they shouldn't have done an inq, right?

You would think there would be no INQ if it did not get processed at all. If there was i'd be on the phone with a supervisor.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@dharalex wrote:

Sorry for the late response, I was actually surprised when no INQ was on my report. I have Citi Identity Monitor and it never alerted me of a new INQ. I was always puzzled about why I never got an INQ (with my luck), and thought it was a 'soft pull' but I guess it turns out it never got 100% processed. I guess it's good news since it carries a big AF, like pizzadude said. I'm planning to apply for the Blue Cash Everday anyways, I guess it was a sign that I'm going to be approved for a BCE! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah the BCE is a good rewards cards, so is the BCP If you use it enough of justify the AF.

The benz card looks great but seems like the best benefit is the 6X points for MB dealership purchases, and unless you drive a benz it prolly wouldn't make sense.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 14
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Yeah the BCE is a good rewards cards, so is the BCP If you use it enough of justify the AF.

The benz card looks great but seems like the best benefit is the 6X points for MB dealership purchases, and unless you drive a benz it prolly wouldn't make sense.

That's true, and I do but I'm not always making purchases at MB so I kind of figured I would rather just pass on the card and get a card for 'Everyday' purchases.

I'm still debating between the BCE and BCP, I might first stick with the BCE and then hopefully do a product change?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.