Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Application-Blue Sky Preferred and Blue cash Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Application-Blue Sky Preferred and Blue cash Preferred

If i am a current coustomer and i am logged in online and i i apply online will it onlybe a soft pull on my credit report? Or will it always be a hard? Also if i apply for 2 card is  it  1 or 2 hard pulls?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: American Express Application-Blue Sky Preferred and Blue cash Preferred

Upgrade = soft pull (you accept an offer to convert from an existing product)

Application = hard (you request a new card in addition to one that you already have)

eta: I think that multiple apps with AmEx in one day = only one hard, but they might have changed. Any input from others, please?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Upgrade = soft pull (you accept an offer to convert from an existing product)

Application = hard (you request a new card in addition to one that you already have)

eta: I think that multiple apps with AmEx in one day = only one hard, but they might have changed. Any input from others, please?

Correct. Multiple apps in a 24 hour period are one hard.

Message 3 of 6
Gladd06
Established Member

Is it one pull for multiple apps within 24 hours or the same day??  I was approved for Zync last night, and would like to apply for a revolving card if it would all be the same inquiry..

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

+ 1

Bump.

Interested in the answer to this one, same situation.  Applied for a Hilton Honors Amex last night at 7 pm, approved today around 4pm, trying to decide about doing one more.

The hard pull showed up with today's date even though I app'd last night.

Any thoughts?

Is there any risk to app'ing for another card, other than a denial on the newest app?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Has anyone just called AmEx and asked? Smiley Very Happy

Really, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. American Express CSR's are generally pretty knowledgeable about this sort of thing.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.