cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Application Status "In Progress".

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

American Express Application Status "In Progress".

Hello there, thanks for visiting!

I applied for the new American Express Mercedes-Benz credit card on the 23rd of August. I did not get an imediate denial/approval like how I used to in the past with AmEx. 

I got the message, "In Progress", and so I searched the web for answers but it seems like I can't find anything that's been updated for ages! I'm hoping someone knows more info. I'm on the edge of my seat, I've called the number and first he said, "Thank you for applying and let me forward this to my manager for approval and I will have it shipped 2-Day Delivery via UPS/FedEx (can't remember what he said). I will contact you myself when I get a decision."

I DO have history with AmEx, I have their Zync Card from Feburary of 2011, still young, I know. But NEVER any missed payments or collections from any creditor. I try and be good. Smiley Wink

Just a brief overview on my credit history:

AAoA: 2 years 2 mo.

UTL: <25%

INQs: 8 (Early 2011, none in the past 7 months)

Am I just getting my hopes up? I've heard when it's, "In Progress", they we're always approved?

Thank you everyone!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express Application Status "In Progress".

Don't know if we are allowed to post links but check this out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1210022-amex-application-status-p...

It seems like a good thing. Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@toytoy wrote:

Don't know if we are allowed to post links but check this out http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1210022-amex-application-status-p...

It seems like a good thing. Good luck!

It seems like everyone get's approved eventually, on an average of 2 months. Haha, and someone mentioned the, "verify address" part which is what I initially thought. But when I called, a representative told me the department that handles my application (I feel special), is closed on the weekends (talk about 9 to 5), and that I need to call back Monday. 

I never saw that link you posted! I like it though! 

Message 3 of 32
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Mine was "processing" at least a week before I got an approval (different card).

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 4 of 32
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Mine was "processing" at least a week before I got an approval (different Amex).

Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Message 5 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Mine was "processing" at least a week before I got an approval (different Amex).

Smiley Surprised really? So the "In Progress" is a good thing? With my luck though, you never know, haha. Which AmEx card did you apply for?

Message 6 of 32
clocktick
Valued Contributor

That one was for the Blue Cash Preferred, which was my 3rd revolver app with them (the other 2 were approved as well) in 6 months.  The other 2 were instant so I was sweating bullets with this one because I wanted it even more than the others (I couldn't product change at the time).

Message 7 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

That one was for the Blue Cash Preferred, which was my 3rd revolver app with them (the other 2 were approved as well) in 6 months.  The other 2 were instant so I was sweating bullets with this one because I wanted it even more than the others (I couldn't product change at the time).

Oh wow! I wish I could get that from AmEx! What are your CLs on those cards?

Message 8 of 32
score_building
Senior Contributor

'In Progress' generally indicates an application is being processed/reviewed, a neutral status, which may result in an approval or denial.  Nice looking card, GL!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

here is a card application status link from the American Express website

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do?

Not sure if it apples to the MB cards also.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.