cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Application Status "In Progress".

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Application Status "In Progress".

I had gotten that "in progress" message when I had applied both for a business platinum and personal SPG at the same time. I was approved for the business platinum in about 5 days but the SPG card app showed as in progress for alost 2 weeks. Finally I called and they told me I was decline (Too many accounts with amex - I also have a personal platinum, personal jet blue and personal blue cashpref). Good luck, hopefully you will be approved but the long and short of it is that that in progress message is neither a good nor bad indicator of whether you are going to be approved or declined.

Message 21 of 32
laboi_22
Established Contributor

does anyone know if it is easier to obtain business credit with them? I've always wanted an AMEX but keep getting denied personally. I own a small business and I apped and it said in progress! UGHHH

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 22 of 32
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Not necessarily. They will pull your personal credit PLUS they will want documentationof the business. In my case, I had let my S corp lapse with the state and had to renew before they would process the app (didn't find that out for 2 weeks staring at the "in process" message till I called. My wife has a sole propriatorship and they requested the business bank statement and tax return. You may want to call if your getting the in progress message. Good luck.

Message 23 of 32
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Thanks. I have all of my documentation. I'm just hoping they approve me. It says I can call for an instant decision. Not sure how that will work out.

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 24 of 32
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@flyingmd wrote:

My wife has a sole propriatorship and they requested the business bank statement and tax return. You may want to call if your getting the in progress message. Good luck.

I am very interested in this, because my wife is about to apply for one. However, her business is new, so she certainly can send out her bank statement, but she has no tax return yet. Would you suggest waiting until next year?

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 25 of 32
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Not sure depends on what they want to see. I'm not sure what they will need from me. The message said call for instant approval. I'll call tomorrow and let you know what they need. They may not need much. If that's the case then she should app now. I'll keep you updated.

Message 26 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

@flyingmd wrote:

My wife has a sole propriatorship and they requested the business bank statement and tax return. You may want to call if your getting the in progress message. Good luck.

I am very interested in this, because my wife is about to apply for one. However, her business is new, so she certainly can send out her bank statement, but she has no tax return yet. Would you suggest waiting until next year?

Good question! How long has she had her business for?

I remember when I applied for my AMEX Personal card and did not have my tax return, they had me send my 4 (I think it was 4) most recent paystubs along with my previous 6 month bank statements.

I don't know if that is what they will do for Business cards, however, I would like one too as I am in the process of starting my own! 

Good luck to you guys!

Message 27 of 32
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

I believe that AMEX wont deny you just because it is a new business. As a matter of fact, i have received many pre offers for the 2 new business I opened earlier this year by Amex so my guess is that they are looking for new businesses to grow with. Approval is going to depend on your personal credit report. If its a new business (and I would be upfront and candid when you call in about this), my guess is they will want to see either the articles of incorporation (if a corp or LLC for instance), or a bank statement in the business name. Something that shows them it is indeed a legitimate business. That has been my impression in the 30 years I have been with them, not necessarily fact. If anyone has a different opinion or experience with them (AMEX), I would love to hear it.

Message 28 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@flyingmd wrote:

I believe that AMEX wont deny you just because it is a new business. As a matter of fact, I have received many pre offers for the 2 new business I opened earlier this year by Amex so my guess is that they are looking for new businesses to grow with. Approval is going to depend on your personal credit report. If its a new business (and I would be upfront and candid when you call in about this), my guess is they will want to see either the articles of incorporation (if a corp or LLC for instance), or a bank statement in the business name. Something that shows them it is indeed a legitimate business. That has been my impression in the 30 years I have been with them, not necessarily fact. If anyone has a different opinion or experience with them (AMEX), I would love to hear it.

I'm definitely interested in trying to get an AMEX Business Card for my upcoming business, I think however since my application for the Mercedes Benz was just put in, I am probably going to wait about 6 months before trying to open one. I think it would be very beneficial! I too am interested in anyone's experience and to see if anyone has been approved if they were a new business.

Message 29 of 32
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Just to update you guys. AMEX approved me for a business card without any additional verification. I posted a new topic about this. I got a pending message after I apped but called the next day. They verified my address and a few things and approved me. Should have my new card in 7-10 business days! See my post today regarding the details

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.