Re: American Express Application

Approved for visa signature approved for 10000 at 10.9

Message 11 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. You can try for TJ Maxx if you want, but I doubt if you would get similiar levels of credit limits. Instead you might want to try for some thing with USAA or PSECU where you can get a card + line of Credit. There are few other good places you can try.

Message 12 of 27
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. You can try for TJ Maxx if you want, but I doubt if you would get similiar levels of credit limits. Instead you might want to try for some thing with USAA or PSECU where you can get a card + line of Credit. There are few other good places you can try.

IMO PSECU is no great as they have no rewards, its primarily a card that helps util, but if your util is under control, PSECU is good for nothing. This is my personal opinion, YMMV.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i wait to apply for the american express then? I would apply for the tj maxx mastercard i have a good history with chase. i have 6 inquiries on experian two of them are going ot fall off in june.

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

what other places should i try?

Message 15 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what other places should i try?

What are you looking for ? If you let us know what you want then we can advice you better.

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK here are my credit report stats-

Experian                                  Equifax                                                 Transunion

767                                             791                                                       780

Util       15                                               10                                                        17

INQ-      6-2 will fall of in june                 4 2 will fall of in june                     1

AAOA-8.9 years across the board

Oldest account 29.8 years(AMex)

I really want the amex blue sky preferred and the costco card i have a upper 5 digit credit limit with them on my blue card. 

I would also like the tj maxx rewards mastercard-i have an old wamu card that transfered and i have the option to transfer the limit to the tj maxx card.

I dont want to deal with credit unions

my primary cards are the premeir rewards gold card, continental presidential plus, amex starwood and amex blue

i dont want to add citi or capital one (i have had a 10000 CL with cap one since 2009 no increase)

i would really prefer to apply for a card that will pull transunion or equifax.

I am fine with amex and chase pulling experian.

i would be open to suggestions though

Message 17 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

usaa pulls eq

Message 18 of 27
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If you are doing the transfer from old card to new card chase might not pull the credit report. Call them and ask them.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

who else pulls transunion should i apply for the amex?

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.