Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Approvals!

tag
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Approvals!

Whoo hoo! Congrats on your approvals! Don't get too excited about the EX score though. When I apped for the Amex credit and charge cards, I never received a score. I think it was because I received the lowest APR avail for the credit card. Your scores are definitely better than mine, so you may not get yours either. I think they only have to do it if you don't receive the best offer available. I didn't bother to call and ask, though. Good luck if you do!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 11 of 19
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@dharalex wrote:

Whoo hoo! Congrats on your approvals! Don't get too excited about the EX score though. When I apped for the Amex credit and charge cards, I never received a score. I think it was because I received the lowest APR avail for the credit card. Your scores are definitely better than mine, so you may not get yours either. I think they only have to do it if you don't receive the best offer available. I didn't bother to call and ask, though. Good luck if you do!

Dharalex,

Thanks but these approvals actually happened at the start of september, this is an old thread Smiley Wink  I`m simply replying to some of the other members who responded to my thread.

My EX is brought to you by the letters PSECU and is from 12/07/2011

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@dharalex wrote:

I never received a score either for the Platinum. I was wondering if I was the only one who didnt receive one.

But for the BCE I did a an approval letter with a score. Strange

Message 13 of 19
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

I never received a score either for the Platinum. I was wondering if I was the only one who didnt receive one.

You wont recieve a score for a charge card application as all successful applicants recieve the same terms, you will only recieve a score for revolvers if you did not recieve the best terms or were denied.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

You wont recieve a score for a charge card application as all successful applicants recieve the same terms, you will only recieve a score for revolvers if you did not recieve the best terms or were denied.

Ahh for the BCE i did get the 0% for 6 months then 20.24 APR after. I think their best APR is 17 something.

Message 15 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I did not received  a score either with my BCE,  just the card and the terms in the mail.  I had to call to find out what my score was.  Terms  where 0% for one year and then 17.24% thereafter.  I received my card in only 7 calendar days.  I thought that was pretty fast considering it is the Christmas season, and everyone being so busy. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 16 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

CM;  I didn't even notice your original post was early September lol.

I do have an AMEX charge product, the Zync, got it mid September.  I didn't apply for a revolver with them at that time as I was 99% sure it wouldn't get approved. I mostly applied for the BCE Dec 1st because I read it would most likely be a soft since I was already a member and I really wanted to see my EX FICO.  I would have been a bit surprised yet thrilled had the BCE been approved LOL.  I would really liked to have had the extra AAoA added through my AMEX backdating had the BCE gone through (favorite feature of all with AMEX). I wondered if that might be part of the reason you got the AMEX products you did (it's the main reason I want any of them really).

I'm lucky to have spotless reports, no lates etc (ok, luck really had nothing to do with it lol). What's hurting my score is util and new accounts. A couple of which are AU. Most of which still have 0% interest so makes no sense to pay them off (there's the problem with 0%, it's great but the price is util lowering CS's I guess). With any luck, adding about 25k  (joint NFCU, my individual NFCU and More) will drop my UTIL quite a bit. At least while we have balances during the 0% promo's we're taking advantage of. I'm also keeping (so far) my inq's under the double digit mark in hopes that helps, TU up to 5 now, I think EQ maybe 6, EX 7.  Each will lose 1 in Jan (2 year old Cap One triple threat HP lol).

Oh, I have checked the credit pulls database and whogaveme credit etc.  That info really put me in shock about my More limit.Smiley Surprised

Also like you, I really have to say had I not researched MyFico, there is no way I'd have the cards I do now. Without the info here, other than paying on time etc, dealing with credit would be a lot like stumbling around in the dark. We all know to pay on time, but that's really just a small part of navigating the credit map, MyFico is kind of my GPS for the credit world.   Smiley Very Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 19
Genecio
Valued Member

I finally acheived one of my financial goal of getting approved for an Amex charge card.  I was approved for Zync and Amez Preferred Green.  My score is roughly 680-700.  I don't plan on applying for any more credit for the next two years or so.  That way the inquiries can drop off. My goal is within the next 5-7 years to have paid off my student loans and purchase or at least start looking to purchase a small condominium with a 15 year mortgage.

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else with bce just love using the see-thru card <3

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.