Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Apps status broke?

tag
slothy
Contributor

American Express Apps status broke?

anyone else not able to get their denial reason? for the last 4 days i every time i try to get app status is says check again in 24 hours... 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Apps status broke?

I was able to check it yesterday after I apped for a card for my parents. It was a 7-10 day message, but shown approval when I status checked it online.

Message 2 of 7
slothy
Contributor

ya i get the first page - then if i click the denial link - it ask for some more info and then i get the error.. 

guess ill wait for the paper in mail.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@slothy wrote:

ya i get the first page - then if i click the denial link - it ask for some more info and then i get the error.. 

guess ill wait for the paper in mail.

Thanks.

I've had that error before as well.  I think it's something on their side that isn't working, but I always get the letter from them anyway, so I don't worry too much about it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

That is correct. I too unable to see my declined reason. you can post this issue via twitter and social media. I did the same, when I called reps ...they said wait for letter. 

USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 5 of 7
RSCo
Established Contributor

@slothy wrote:

anyone else not able to get their denial reason? for the last 4 days i every time i try to get app status is says check again in 24 hours... 

This happens to me also while using mozzilla browser, I went to a chrome browser and it worked just fine.. This has been a problem on their site for quite some time and appears to be a browser compat. issue.. Give Chrome a try, or even IE.. Although I didn't need to use IE since Chrome worked just fine.

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 6 of 7
slothy
Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@slothy wrote:

This happens to me also while using mozzilla browser, I went to a chrome browser and it worked just fine.. This has been a problem on their site for quite some time and appears to be a browser compat. issue.. Give Chrome a try, or even IE.. Although I didn't need to use IE since Chrome worked just fine.

ya itsdoing it for me in chrome, in IE it just goes back to the enter your date of birth screen... i dont have mozilla installed.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.