Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Authorized User Question

tag
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

Re: American Express Authorized User Question

Which "Builder" cards from Discover are most recommended.

I was told I would be approved for a secured card from Cap1 but I do know I need to establish some sort of credit on my own...

Message 11 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Well I am 18 and got approved the day after my 18th birthday for an UNSECURED Capital One Journey with no previous credit history or any tradelines at all. I would try to skip Secured cards some creditors do not like seeing this but YMMV since you got that AMEX on board.

Definitely apply for Discover It card!

Any inqs or loans or baddies on your report that you know of or is it completely empty?

Message 12 of 20
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

I have no credit card/Public Records/etc baddies but I do have a Student Loan that will come out of the rehab process in August which might help my credit although I don't really understand how that works...

Message 13 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Is your loan deffered until you graduate or you paying on it?

If so what is your monthly payment and balance.

Are you looking to get a home loan or car loan soon or you just want to build credit for later financial goals?

Message 14 of 20
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

Also I just checked the "AbbreviationS" thread but I have no idea what 

"SD"

means...what does that mean?

Message 15 of 20
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

I'm paying off a student loan no deferment....

I am simply trying to build my credit.  FInding myself recently single and 40 years old it is not good to not have ANY. 

All three credit bureaus last month were unable to give me a FICO score as they said "I had no credit" and "Insufficient History"... Hence beginning on this journey...

I really wish there was a way to RECON the AMEX AU account it would help me out IMMENSELY.

Message 16 of 20
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@BostonGirlNLA wrote:

Also I just checked the "AbbreviationS" thread but I have no idea what 

"SD"

means...what does that mean?

Sock drawer basically putting it away and not using it at all sort of what you did but not shred the actual card because it takes at least 7 days to send another one I.C.E 

I read a post you made in Rebuilders board. When you deleted your TLs was there a reason for that or just wanted to start over?

Message 17 of 20
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

No if you read another post I did...I did not have them deleted...I had them removed as they were fraudulent TL's.

I had a roommate that knew I did not use credit and had opened a Time Warner Cable account in my name and an HSBC Orchard Bank card in my name that I discovered on February 4 and it took me up until 2 weeks ago to have them removed (deleted) but when that happened all three CRA's said I had no credit.

Message 18 of 20
BostonGirlNLA
Established Member

Does anyone know which CC's do not take into account AU TL's on a credit report?

Message 19 of 20
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Bump, I have the same question about what CCs don't count AUs

I'm hoping discover does
fico 747
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.