Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express BCE Approval Odds

tag
britthester
New Contributor

American Express BCE Approval Odds

Hey everyone. I've been doing some research on these forums and others. From what I've gathered, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday card is difficult to get. My current AAoA is around 1 year and 3 months. I have 5 credit cards (Chase Freedom $3,500, Bank of America Cash Rewards $1,500, Discover It Student $750, Captial One Cash Rewards for Newcomers $750, Target Store Card $700). My current scores are 748 TU, 708 EQ, and 731 EX. I want to get an American Express card because I know they are presitigious and it would allow me to have a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex in my wallet. I'm just wondering if I have the credit profile they are looking for or do I need more history or a higher score to be considered a worthy risk? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: American Express BCE Approval Odds

Your file atm is pretty similar to what mine was when they approved me. When was the last time you apped for something?

If that answer is over 12 months ago, I say chances of approval are very high.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 22
britthester
New Contributor

Last time I applied was about 2 months ago. I'm glad I did because I was approved for Chase Freedom, but I wish I would have went ahead and app'd for Amex.

Message 3 of 22
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I must assume you are not an Amex cardholder yet. I would suggest then to apply for the green or any other charge card and IF approved automatically, then go ahead and apply for that bce.

As you may know, charge cards are easier to get and secure the backdating and all other benefits plus denied with soft pull for other Amex cards.

If approved for both, it will most likely be 1 hp.
If approved for charge and denied for bce, 1 hp and 1 sp.

Win win but remember that we are talking about good credit profile aka less than 9% útil which easily reflects your great score.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 22
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@britthester wrote:

Hey everyone. I've been doing some research on these forums and others. From what I've gathered, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday card is difficult to get. My current AAoA is around 1 year and 3 months. I have 5 credit cards (Chase Freedom $3,500, Bank of America Cash Rewards $1,500, Discover It Student $750, Captial One Cash Rewards for Newcomers $750, Target Store Card $700). My current scores are 748 TU, 708 EQ, and 731 EX. I want to get an American Express card because I know they are presitigious and it would allow me to have a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex in my wallet. I'm just wondering if I have the credit profile they are looking for or do I need more history or a higher score to be considered a worthy risk? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, I think you will be approved so long as you don't have negatives on your experian or teletrack.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I definitely think you have a shot. I was just approved for the bce and the blue sky last month. My scores are in my signature. All my accounts are 6 months or less old. I got instant approvals with both.....good luck!!!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 6 of 22
wche
Regular Contributor

Snowkitty..just curious. How far apart did you apply for the bce and blue sky? I'm interested in both cards
Message 7 of 22
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

By that profile, you should have an easy approval, only thing if you want to wait maybe a month tops because of that recent Chase approval but it is only 1 cc, i think you are good to pull the trigger even now, although i would make sure my utilization is no more than 10-15%

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 22
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

How many inquiries do you have on Experian? 

I think you have a really good shot at being approved for the BCE.  I would just go for it directly instead of applying for the Green for getting your foot in the door with AMEX.  I went straight for the BCE and was approved.  Good luck!  I'm sure you'll be fine Smiley Happy

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 9 of 22
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

If you got good credit AMEX won't shoot you down if you got low utilization, i got my BCE with 8 hard inq. on EX, and Blue SKY with 9 a week later

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.