cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express BCE Card, Should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express BCE Card, Should I apply?

So I applied for the citi double cash card and they pulled experian and I see amex generally pulls experian. I have one $129 bogus collection (company charged me for my services and a neighbor across the street). My score is 645 with experian, I have a lateness on my account that's 22 months old, my utilization is 8%. My total credit is 1800. My Amazon card will report on the 21st and when it does it'll show an increase from 800-3500, also my journey card (which I pc'd into a quicksilver) will show an increase of 100 hundred also on the 21st. Should I apply for the BCE card now or wait until my new utilization reports before trying, or wait longer?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express BCE Card, Should I apply?

Amex has a pre-qualification link that you can use to see what you're pre- qualified for. I can't remember my score when I applied for my BCP, I think it was about 650 and I got a starting limit of $5k. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cold app'd for my BCE back in 2011 and was instantly approved. I'd just pull the trigger right now OP..
Message 3 of 6
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

BCE start limits.png

That image is from earlier this year.

If it was up to me, I would wait until all your ducks are in a row. Optimize your credit card utilization ($0 reporting on all cards except one card reporting just a few dollars), etc. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't waste my time applying until I was A - Sure I'd get approved and B - Sure if I was approved that I'd have a SL that was worthwhile.  Search the credit pulls database and you'll see what types of scores/profiles were turned down, and for those that were approved with around your score what SL they received.

Message 5 of 6
Regular Contributor

I had always thought these prime cards were for people with very good credit (700 or above) but many have proved me wrong here. 

American Express Blue Cash Every | Discover it | Citi Double Cash | Citi Custom Cash (10/2021) | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Slate | Capital One Quicksilver | Amazon Store Card | PayPal Credit | J. Crew | Old Navy | Experian: 785 Equifax: 798 Transunion: 777 |
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.