Did you mean: 

American Express Backdating - Please explain

tag
tashia729
Valued Member

Re: American Express Backdating - Please explain

@bichonmom wrote:

@tashia729 wrote:

UPDATE # 2:  Just pulled new reports from TU and EQ and saw that they both are reflecting my AM EX account as being opened in 1989 - so AM EX updates fairly quickly, which is good  news.  Thanks agin for all of the advice!

When were you approved for the cc? (Your new one-- not from 89) People have posted here that it takes a couple of months for a new amex to show on CRs -- that's why I'm wondering.

Bichonmom - I was approved in January 2012 for the new one, did the request within a week of getting the card.  My most recent TU and EQ is Feb 8 via myfico.com, and the acct. reports opened in 1989.  I didn't pull the report before then, but I know the original pull to my EX CR was on 1/19/2012.

Message 31 of 38
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Maybe someone can answer me this, but I settle a Amex clear credit card back in 2009 I think and been a member since 2006. Now with the new action law they approved me with their Optima CC and logged in this morning and it says " member since 2013"  I called customer service this morning and they told me only way to backdate if I've a active charge or credit cards with them, should I wait for the card and call them again.

Message 32 of 38
culture
Regular Contributor

I found in a CR from 2010 that I had a Amex in 2000.  Tried calling Amex to seek information and get backdated.  They didnt have info of the account not even when I gave them the full account number.. nor they pulled anything with my SS # ....

I'm not sure is this is YMMV, but I called twice 2 CSR and also their CB department. and nada.....

oh well

Message 33 of 38
t90

I sent a message from the online account page last night explaining that I had first opened an account in 1987. I had no account number, and the account had been closed by Amex in 1992 for late payments. This morning I was notified that my new card with member since '87 was being over Smiley Surprisednighted. Pleasantly surprised to say the least!

Message 34 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I've heard that there is an "Archive" department within Amex...   this is anecdotal at best.

You may try that?  Definately don't give up!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 38
culture
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I've heard that there is an "Archive" department within Amex...   this is anecdotal at best.

You may try that?  Definately don't give up!

is this in like corporate offices? 

Message 36 of 38
t90

I used the same secure online messaging to get my DW AU card backdated and overnighted today. I'm sure glad I had that green card back in 87!Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 38
eddie84
Valued Contributor

^  Thank you for reminding me of that secure chat feature.  Just had a chat with an Amex csr and she said she'll sent me a new card in a few days (backdated to 2001 when I used to have an account with them).  Woohoo!  This forum rocks! Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.