Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Black

It is made of metal it was shocking when i held it

amazon
Message 21 of 25
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

It's funny because where I work DO NOT accept AMEX, so when the rich dudes slapped out their AMEX Centurion, I had to apologize and ask if they have either VISA/MASTERCARD. It's funny because they would look at me all weird then they  would bring out like an ordinary Chase freedom or Discover More ect.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 22 of 25
Regular Contributor

I can confirm that they are made of some sort of metal. I have seen one ever and it is very heavy for a credit card. Fortunantly I knew what it was, so I tried not to be surprised when I handled it.

Message 23 of 25
mross1080
Established Contributor

My last job before I moved was a small business and my boss's where a jusband and wife and where pretty well off. They had them and would whenever I had to go buy something they would send me with it. It is made out of some fancy metal and if was a real thrill to use it. You get some good looks! I miss those days but Im super happy with my zync. People like the zync but not like the black card.

Message 24 of 25
freakyfico
Established Member

My old boss has one and I used it often, and can conferm that it is metal; Actually stainless steel and titanium, He lost it once in the river 500 dollars and 24 hrs and it was replaced with a new one that cam in a box like it was jewelery...lol  Crazy

EQ 689 TU 687 EX 654 Amex Business Platinum .... All I Need !!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.